What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best possible lineup for 2017

milton

Juniors
you would'nt want to have Lebanon and Italy in PNG's group they will be able to attract crowds. Teams like France, Ireland and Scotland should be in that group

paulmac

Juniors
I think I've posted my groups before but here goes
Pool A - Aust,Eng,France,Fiji
Pool B - NZ,Samoa,Tonga,Scotland (in NZ)
Pool C - PNG,Wales,Italy (In PNG)
Pool D - Lebanon,Ireland,USA or Canada

Springs

First Grade
Give france a chance.

Being in Pool A gives France the biggest chance of making the semis, just like Fiji in 2013.
Tonga has never proven anything. If Scotland can beat them France should be able to.

you would'nt want to have Lebanon and Italy in PNG's group they will be able to attract crowds. Teams like France, Ireland and Scotland should be in that group

Scotland, France and PNG are auto-qualifiers and there shouldn't be two in a lesser pool. Groups shouldn't be based completely on crowds. The Auto-qualifiers should be 3 in Pools A and B and 1 in Pools C and D.
Also there's no need for more than 3 games to be in PNG.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Italy wont have the Guerra and the minnichello brothers running on for them this time. I read rumours that farah was keen to captain Lebanon for this one?

adamkungl

Immortal
Really hoping for an improved showing from France on the back of 2 pro teams by 2017.

I just have very little faith in their coaching though, the last outings i've seen from them have been dour, negative football when it's clear that the individual players have a lot of talent watching them play club footy.

hutch

First Grade
Really hoping for an improved showing from France on the back of 2 pro teams by 2017.

I just have very little faith in their coaching though, the last outings i've seen from them have been dour, negative football when it's clear that the individual players have a lot of talent watching them play club footy.

Would be great to get Trent Robinson coaching them or helping them out in some way. He got results at Catalan, is fluent in French and would be a great mentor for French coaches.

adamkungl

Immortal
Would be great to get Trent Robinson coaching them or helping them out in some way. He got results at Catalan, is fluent in French and would be a great mentor for French coaches.

I've hoped that but he doesn't seem the type to split himself between two basketcases...

On a side note, I see Bennett's been winning over the poms with his typically charming nature :lol:

I dont think an Aussie club coach can effectively coach a Northern hemisphere national team tbh. I expect Newcastle-ish results from Bennett's England. Stacks the team with ring-ins for immediate results, fails and bails.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I really hope Serbia can make the World Cup. They would be a fresh face and arguably more deserving as they will rely on less heritage players.

My ideal groups if Serbia, Wales and Ireland grab the last 3 spots are
Group A - Australia, England, France and Lebanon
Group B - New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Scotland
Group C - PNG, Wales, Serbia
Group D - Fiji, Ireland, USA

I would like to see the team that finishes 2n in group A/B play the winner of group C/D instead of the winner to the pool being stuck in a no win game like the last world cup

jim_57

Staff member
I really hope Serbia can make the World Cup. They would be a fresh face and arguably more deserving as they will rely on less heritage players.

My ideal groups if Serbia, Wales and Ireland grab the last 3 spots are
Group A - Australia, England, France and Lebanon
Group B - New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Scotland
Group C - PNG, Wales, Serbia
Group D - Fiji, Ireland, USA

I would like to see the team that finishes 2n in group A/B play the winner of group C/D instead of the winner to the pool being stuck in a no win game like the last world cup

Serbia, Spain or Russia over one of Italy or Ireland would be a nice change.. realistically though very unlikely. At the very least I hope countries like Italy, Ireland etc. can see some growth off the back of getting some publicity from the World Cup. RLIF should be aiming to get coverage on major sports channels for all countries involved in the world cup as a minimum, even if they give it away.

Also don't mind the idea of some crafty work with the pool arrangements. Fixing the pools to have as many big games before the finals as possible seems sensible.