What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Take it as read that we went hard for Hiku and came up short with the money that was offered from both panthers and St george. We had discussions with Lafai but never tabled an offer when GC and dragons offers were considerably more than we could afford. We have had preliminary chats with Roberts but again we have decent money but not obscene money and look to already be priced out.

Yep, from what I understand we had a budget with Hiku and BA made the call that we wouldn't go overs...

caylo

Bench
Probably equal with Vaughan id say but different type of player, has missed a lot of games though. He is difficult to tackle and has a good engine for a man his size and well and good footwork and offload. He will fit your pack well and will probably start by 2017 if he continues his progress. Excellent pick up and sad to lose him especially being a local jnr

Parraren

Bench
Yep, from what I understand we had a budget with Hiku and BA made the call that we wouldn't go overs...

So I wonder if BA is faced with a similar situation with Roberts whether he'd be prepared to stretch the budget a little further?

Hiku would have been a handy player but Roberts adds a whole new dimension to our backline.

Wonder how much of it is just paper fantasy talk though.

Far Canal

Juniors
Well with Parra missing out in these 3 centers, I'm so looking forward to them line breaking, deft passing and crunching defense of Morgan and injury free season from Taka..... :sarcasm:

Avenger

Immortal
I still think there will be centres available in particular at Roberts' destined club. Nobody would have $500k spare at this time of the year. Something has to give.

oldmancraigy

Coach
So what's everyone thinking if we WERE to get Roberts?

Gordon
Radradra
Takairangi
Roberts
Gutherson

???

Yes, that's my guess.

I don't think we will get Roberts though.... so take him out, put Gutho to center and see who trials best for the other wing spot. If Schulte can catch and ruck it out early, he might be a smokey.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Yes, that's my guess.

I don't think we will get Roberts though.... so take him out, put Gutho to center and see who trials best for the other wing spot. If Schulte can catch and ruck it out early, he might be a smokey.

Yup, if we were not to get Roberts, maybe we could pick up a decent winger somewhere and potentially add him to the mix. Id have Copley a walk up start over Faraimo and Morgan.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yup, if were not to get Roberts, maybe we could pick up a decent winger somewhere and potentially add him to the mix. Id have Copley a walk up start over Faraimo and Morgan.

For sure.

My gut feel ks that we need th early set meterage, Although Gordon is quite good at that himself, so we may well be covered? A winger who can catch bombs, and make that meterage is essential!

Ratchy

Juniors
I think Norman shows a bit more class then Foran. He is not as tough and doesn't play at the same fast temp as Foran. I think he seems a little smarter and has a better pass on him thou. Will compliment each other well IMO.

Norman has more class then Foran? Wtf have you been smoking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.