What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My take:

Clearly the process is shit and the examples of people being wrongly accused and banned is wrong.

The merkins alone aren't the problem and I get why they would be frustrated to the point of making signs and boycotting games. The people who have been wrongly banned have been denied natural justice and the FFA need to fix the process so that that never happens again.

I also understand comments made about the fans being passionate and affecting change. Good on them. However, my only word of caution has been that a) they can't profess to represent all fans and b) as much as I am sure that it has been satisfying to give Jones and Wilson a serve it ultimately doesn't help. They would be more effective targeting all of their actions directly at the FFA.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Choose one of the excuses below:

"I am going boating after the game"
"It was self defence"
"Everyone was doing it"
"They can't take a joke"

Appeal denied.

Move along.

Suitman

Post Whore
Bec ??

Never

Haha

Big game tonight. - 1st vs 2nd at a packed Pirtek.

WSW'ers recently had a fan poll to determine what music the players walk out to. It is a FFA directive that music must be played when the players enter the field.

Well, out of 5 options AC/DC x 2, Tom Petty (Don't Back Down) something from Eminem and 2 RBB chants, the fans voted for one of the RBB chants.
So, the fans have been demanding for ages that the club can the loud distorted music and just let the RBB do their thing.
The club has listened. Tonight will be it's debut.

Suity.

bmwpower

Juniors
Hi guys. Was trying to find a thread on a league and come across this . Suitman don't worry about trying to get aleague haters in to understanding the issues. They will never get the passion and solidarity football brings right across the world. On another note, how good was the game and atmosphere . Been to many many games over different sports and occasions and have never seen a stadium buzzing like that , especially in the second half. Coyw

Suitman

Post Whore
Wooooooo! Number one, baby!

P W L GD P

Western Sydney Wanderers FC 10 7 2 8 22
Brisbane Roar FC 10 5 2 6 18
Melbourne City FC 10 5 3 11 17
Melbourne Victory 9 5 3 3 16
Sydney FC 10 4 2 2 16
Wellington Phoenix 10 4 4 0 14
Newcastle Jets 10 3 4 -4 12
Adelaide United 10 2 5 -8 9

Eelementary

Post Whore
P W L GD P

Western Sydney Wanderers FC 10 7 2 8 22
Brisbane Roar FC 10 5 2 6 18
Melbourne City FC 10 5 3 11 17
Melbourne Victory 9 5 3 3 16
Sydney FC 10 4 2 2 16
Wellington Phoenix 10 4 4 0 14
Newcastle Jets 10 3 4 -4 12
Adelaide United 10 2 5 -8 9

:D

Suitman

Post Whore
On another note, how good was the game and atmosphere . Been to many many games over different sports and occasions and have never seen a stadium buzzing like that , especially in the second half. Coyw

I'm the same. Saturday night was incredible.
It was up there with the ACL final at Pirtek, as one of the two best events I've ever seen and heard at Pirtek. And, this for a regular season match

Just need to watch this 2 minutes to see why. Whole stadium chant of **** the Victory after the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KJY1HC53Fo

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah those two old ladies at 1:45 looked stoked. f**k the Victory will keep them coming back.

And if not, well those aren't the kind of fans we want anyway.