What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

Milan Ivanovic played for Red Star, didn't he?

There's a line in a Billy Bragg song that goes 'I had an uncle who once played, for Red Star Belgrade'.....but I don't think he really meant that his uncle played footy in the former Yugoslavia.

Suitman

Post Whore
Latest design.

Take in mind, that the person designing this is a Wanderers fan, hence the single tiered north end for the RBB.
Looks great I reckon. Capacity is about 30 000.

903603_10153926798522518_7619941193961218180_o.jpg

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Needs another, bigger access point for vehicles to enter the FOP.

Otherwise, looks alright.

Cheers. He's fully aware of that, but it's fantastic that you are putting the stadium POV forward.

This guy is on the ball. IBBAG - I'm guessing that you know more than we do. :)

I've heard that safe standing is a no go. Mmmmmmm, so be it. Another example of Australians being behind the times.
High Speed Rail anyone?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
We've gotta remember, this isn't a massive stadium.
It's 33 000.
It just looks shit better than what we have.

Suity

Cheers. He's fully aware of that, but it's fantastic that you are putting the stadium POV forward.

I've heard that safe standing is a no go. Mmmmmmm, so be it. Another example of Australians being behind the times.
High Speed Rail anyone?

Suity

I don't know if the no safe standing is being behind the times, I just think the stadium design team will be looking to maximize capacity, and keep costs down, which I would assume would mean a similar roof line for as much as the stadium as possible.

And a high speed rail has no place in Australia. Want to get somewhere fast, catch a plane. Te economics just don't make sense for our population.

Gronk

Staff member
For what it's worth, the stadium should have a small carbon footprint and be sustainable.

It should have vertical green walls on the exterior, harvest roof water and capture energy from solar panels on the roof.

Inside will be seats. Not hard to get that bit wrong.

biological-concrete.jpg

tumblr_mhug8n8xUE1ri4bw8o1_540.jpg

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

High Speed Rail anyone?

Suity

Thanks mate. From what i've gathered, there won't be safe standing. It will be a multi purpose stadium (as Pirtek is now) so they won't go for it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
For what it's worth, the stadium should have a small carbon footprint and be sustainable.

It should have vertical green walls on the exterior, harvest roof water and capture energy from solar panels on the roof.

Inside will be seats. Not hard to get that bit wrong.

biological-concrete.jpg

tumblr_mhug8n8xUE1ri4bw8o1_540.jpg

They should also use a ball made entirely from recycled waste products and the lights should be powered by the flatulence from fans attending games.

Gronk

Staff member
They should also use a ball made entirely from recycled waste products and the lights should be powered by the flatulence from fans attending games.

I'm good with that. :lol:

The can also recycle the mid strength beer fan flush and water the playing surface with it.