What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
And on the train goes.

This Roberts saga is really starting to get old. Just pick a f**king team so we can all get on with it.

Rhyno

First Grade
roostersrule2;11275027;43003 said:
Rumoured signings?

Never heard of the f**ker.

Every nuffy says that line to try and get a cheap laugh it's old

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Rhyno;11275053;44088 said:
Every nuffy says that line to try and get a cheap laugh it's old

It has never and probably will never get old
that f**king quote should go on IBM's f**king tombstone when he passes

bottle

Coach
Avenger said:
If Souths sign Roberts would they release that other centre who was also implicated in the shit with Walker? Isnt he a centre too?

Gray? Oh no, no no no no no. He's shown contrition and stuff. He's a role model and humbled himself and all that sort of gear.
Wait, Roberts you say?
f**k off Gray.

mxlegend99

Referee
James Roberts would be silly to turn down a $300k or so a season pay increase thinking it's either that or a premiership if he signs with Broncos.

At the end of the day no team or coach can guarantee a premiership. But that $300k in the bank is guaranteed. I also don't think his Origin hopes suffer too much whether he goes to Broncos, Souths or Dragons. If he plays fullback for Dragons that may even increase his chances. More likely to beat out Moylan and Tedesco at fullback then he is Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Fergo etc. For a centre spot. Especially when neither Moylan or Tedesco has experience to give them an edge.

Only way you knock back what the Dragons are offering is if there's some massive payments elsewhere making up the difference.

unbreaK

Juniors
mxlegend99;11276269;13060 said:
James Roberts would be silly to turn down a $300k or so a season pay increase thinking it's either that or a premiership if he signs with Broncos.

At the end of the day no team or coach can guarantee a premiership. But that $300k in the bank is guaranteed. I also don't think his Origin hopes suffer too much whether he goes to Broncos, Souths or Dragons. If he plays fullback for Dragons that may even increase his chances. More likely to beat out Moylan and Tedesco at fullback then he is Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Fergo etc. For a centre spot. Especially when neither Moylan or Tedesco has experience to give them an edge.

Only way you knock back what the Dragons are offering is if there's some massive payments elsewhere making up the difference.

He may sign for $250k at Brisbane, but trust me, he'll be earning a lot more overall, we've got some great indigenous ambassador roles at Brisbane, we're still putting Jharal Yow Yeh to work.

Plus I'm guessing it's only $250k for the first year, despite what's being reported, he'll get an upgrade in year 2 & 3 once we stop paying Barba and shed a couple of off-contract players.

Cloud

Juniors
Wasn't one of his demands that he be offered a 2 year contract with a 3rd year player option?