What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm gonna say Dugan.

During Origin this year I remember the commentators all saying Dugan needs to get the ball more if NSW are to win, why exactly? He is no Inglis or Hayne, even Boyd is better imo.

Maybe the commentators were saying dugan needs more ball because we had no inglis, hayne, slater or even a boyd. He (and to a lesser extent Jennings) were NSW's only attacking weapons this year so of course they needed to get him the ball.
Him and boyd are different players but are about equal, it all depends on who is in better form at the time if you want to argue who is better

RedVDragon

Juniors
There are two for mine that stand-out superbly

1) Daniel Tupou. What is soo special about this guy?

2) James Tamou. I'm a cowboys supporter, however don't understand how he has played for Australia and Origin for NSW. NEVER seen the guy run the ball hard, looks soft in comparison to his fellow prop Matt Scott.

Which players do you guys think are over-rated?

Is suppose you need to be rated in the first place to be rated as an overrated player in the NRL. The player I am referring to is Mitch Rein.

macavity

Referee
From my team - Dane Gagai. Decent with ball in hand and can't fault the effort, but terrible defender. If he improves that this year comes off the list. I think he is overrated by Knights supporters because we pretty much have no one worth getting excited about.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm gonna say Dugan.

During Origin this year I remember the commentators all saying Dugan needs to get the ball more if NSW are to win, why exactly? He is no Inglis or Hayne, even Boyd is better imo.

Dugans hard to pin point. Seems to be one of the hardest guys in the game to tackle but has no passing game. Agree nsw seem to place undeserved importance on him. What's the actual record of wins with Dugan playing? I think it's like 2 from 8 and 1 of the wins was with him at center. Has he ever scored a try, had a try assist or made a like break in origin?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Bryson goodwin seems to be loved by a lot of souths fans even though he has zero attacking game and horrible defence.