What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
As long as it aren't for stupid money, I would be very happy with Jennings. Gives the backline some x-factor, pretty bloody good player.

Would actually be the best back that switches clubs, if it happens.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As long as it aren't for stupid money, I would be very happy with Jennings. Gives the backline some x-factor, pretty bloody good player.

Would actually be the best back that switches clubs, if it happens.

Unsure the chooks will contribute to the freight..

lingard

Coach
What's yours? You don't believe the Nathan Cayless style forward became less effective (and therefore less common) over the course of his career?

The game has changed a lot since Cayless debuted in the 90s. I can't see why you would argue otherwise except for your need to chase me around the forum trying to score a point.

I said that in every era, mobile, skillful forwards played alongside less mobile 'monsters' (as you put it). How is that saying that the game hasn't changed? Your response was that the wrestle is a relatively new addition to the game. Not sure why you said that, but there you go. My response was that Cayless played during the wrestle era too.

Of course, no one is arguing that the game hasn't changed. Bottom line is, I think you're wrong about your initial assertion.

Avenger

Immortal
Well my source confirmed that the code has been broken!! ... Only on the proviso that the chooks land Copley will Jennings head over ....

Avenger told me in private some months back that the chooks are looking at off loading MJ and it now turns out he was100% correct..

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;-)

That's what Colonel reckons.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I said that in every era, mobile, skillful forwards played alongside less mobile 'monsters' (as you put it). How is that saying that the game hasn't changed? Your response was that the wrestle is a relatively new addition to the game. Not sure why you said that, but there you go. My response was that Cayless played during the wrestle era too.

Of course, no one is arguing that the game hasn't changed. Bottom line is, I think you're wrong about your initial assertion.

My assertion is that smaller, skilful, hard working forwards are less useful than they were when the wrestle was less prominent. Cayless was one of the best props in the game early in his career, whereas later, when he should have been at his peak, he was superseded by the big boys.

parra pete

Referee
Well my source confirmed that the code has been broken!! ... Only on the proviso that the chooks land Copley will Jennings head over ....

Avenger told me in private some months back that the chooks are looking at off loading MJ and it now turns out he was100% correct..

Just as long as they are not making room to land the Playne.....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Rooster may be happy to pay some freight for 2016 to free up $500k for 2017.

$250k for Copley for 2016 onwards, contribute $250k for 2016 for who ever signs Jennings. They then have $250k free in 2017 with a replacement ( in Copley) signed up.

Avenger

Immortal
Rooster may be happy to pay some freight for 2016 to free up $500k for 2017.

$250k for Copley for 2016 onwards, contribute $250k for 2016 for who ever signs Jennings. They then have $250k free in 2017 with a replacement ( in Copley) signed up.

Exactly. I think we have about $300 odd k seeing that we were bidding for Hiku. The Roosters chip in $200k for 2016, we pay full freight in 2017. Meanwhile Copley gets $200k this year and a back ended deal and vehicles and shit from Politis, more likely Hayne's old Kluger.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My assertion is that smaller, skilful, hard working forwards are less useful than they were when the wrestle was less prominent. Cayless was one of the best props in the game early in his career, whereas later, when he should have been at his peak, he was superseded by the big boys.

True. The wrestle f**ked our chances after 2001...well it at least contributed to our chances being f**ked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts