What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingard

Coach
My assertion is that smaller, skilful, hard working forwards are less useful than they were when the wrestle was less prominent. Cayless was one of the best props in the game early in his career, whereas later, when he should have been at his peak, he was superseded by the big boys.

Yes, I know. And I think you're wrong.

Pazza

First Grade
Nathan Cayless retired after the 2010 season. The club has been in complete free fall ever since.

Coincidence?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nathan Cayless retired after the 2010 season. The club has been in complete free fall ever since.

Coincidence?
Yeah under his leadership we won so many big games and won so much.

He was a very good first grader but massively overrated by Parra fans. It was laughable he was on more money then Hindy throughout his career.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Semi will be absolutely wasted outside Jennings, the guy is worse then the pope. Doesn't pass anything.

We need super speedy strike players on either side of the ruck.
Just can't see BA having both strike players on the same side of the ruck.
Jennings to play right side working plenty off Foran.
Gutherson to the wing.

1. Gordon
2. Semi (strike player)
3. Taka
4. Jennings (strike player)
5. Gutherson (strike player if recent knee injury has not tampered with his power and speed)
6. Norman
7. Foran

Uninjured, this backline is good enough to make the 2016 GF and lets also not forget our quality back ups too.

If Jennings comes true, the 2016 acquisitions is our best since 2005.

Can't wait for the 2016 season to start.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah I can't see BA putting Jennings / semi on the same side.

Is Jennings skill set really that restrictive that he has to play on the left to be effective ?

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah under his leadership we won so many big games and won so much.

He was a very good first grader but massively overrated by Parra fans. It was laughable he was on more money then Hindy throughout his career.

The team was competitive during his time here. We might not have won the big one but i think that has more to do with the lack of class we have had in the halves during his time here as opposed to his leadership. What was the best half at parra between 1997 & 2010???? Taylor??

Nathan Cayless was an amazing player for us, i dont think he is rated highly enough by fans on this forum quite honestly. We was the last time Parra had a prop was anything resembling skill?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Amazing player for us?? Yep he could always find a dropped ball or poor pass when we're under pressure. As I said what did we win under his leadership??? How many games did we win when we were expected??? He wasn't a pimple on Hindys arse as a player and it was absolutely laughable he was on more money then him throughout his career.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Amazing player for us?? Yep he could always find a dropped ball or poor pass when we're under pressure. As I said what did we win under his leadership??? .

We had 7 top 4 finishes, won 2 minor premierships and made 2 grand finals between 98 and 2009, (plus 2 first week semi knock out finishes). A pretty f**ken successful era ( yes bloody disappointed we never won but) - the only constant in that period was Hindy / Cayless in our pack. They both must have been doing something right.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
Amazing player for us?? Yep he could always find a dropped ball or poor pass when we're under pressure. As I said what did we win under his leadership??? How many games did we win when we were expected??? He wasn't a pimple on Hindys arse as a player and it was absolutely laughable he was on more money then him throughout his career.

How many premierships did Hindy or Hayne bring us??????

Doesn't mean they aren't great players.

As for player salaries, thats just pure speculation.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
he wasn't a pimple on Hindys arse as a player and it was absolutely laughable he was on more money then him throughout his career.

Fact or fiction ? Never ever recall reading an article indicating Cayless was on more then Hindy (maybe he was but I have never seen evidence of it). Any chance of showing any evidence cayless was on more ? An article ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts