What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper cronk

younan21

Juniors
Cooper Cronk could quit final year of Storm contract to be closer to new flame Tara

TV bombshell Tara Rushton could deliver the Australian Kangaroos Test No. 7 to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Cooper Cronk is considering quitting the final year of his contract with the Melbourne Storm in a $1.1 million sacrifice to be with Sydney-based Fox Sports stunner Tara Rushton — and the Dragons are ready to pounce.

Cronk is likely to snub a $1.1m contract option with Storm in 2017 so he can move closer to Rushton — and the Queensland No. 7 is already deep in discussions with the Dragons in a move that would see him finish his career at Kogarah.

Rushton — first linked to Cronk in June — is firmly planted in Sydney and the pair is keen to get serious after a six-month long-distance relationship. A regular in Melbourne to cover A-League matches, the Fox Sports host confirmed her relationship with Cronk after the pair happily posed for photos at the AFL grand final in September.

Cronk is contracted to Storm until the end of 2017 but is already negotiating to leave Melbourne at the end of the year with the playmaker telling Storm officials he is likely to not take up the option for 2017, which is in his favour.

Link http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ame-tara-rushton/story-fni3g9a3-1227695530108

mickeylane

Bench
Tara Rushdon has a 3 year contract w Foxtel based out of Sydney.. Cooper Cronk is love struck and won't want to lose her..
We need a 7 in 2017 what better option than reuniting Widop w Cronk!!

The greatest wet dream to start 2016!! He nearly signed w us in 2012.. I reckon it's on!!!

hardbaby

Coach
That would be interesting. His age bothers me on a three year contract but he is a hell of a player.

watatank

Coach
a 3 year deal would have Cronk retire at 35, that's not too bad considering that he takes good care of himself and you've got Daly Cherry-Evans on the deal he is on.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Heard all this before, Melbourne players using us to boost up their contracts. We previously came within a bee's pecker of signing Cronk 3 years ago, then Smith at one stage, then Bellamy, now it's Cronk again?

What's the bet he extends with Melbourne on even more money? And why can't Tara what's her name relocate to Melbourne? I'm sure there are plenty of foxsports jobs in Melbourne.

Rookiedragon1

Juniors
At his age his still got more quality then most younger players in the game.complete professional in looking after his body also.

SBD82

Coach
Best pure halfback in the game. Would love to see him in a red v.

It's all conjecture and I refuse to get my hopes up. But f**k me. What a player. A man can dream.

DRAGONS2016

Juniors
Rest of article from dailytelegraph...

Souths seemed like a natural fit for Cronk with former Melbourne assistant and now Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire close friends with the precision-passing No.7.

But the Dragons have already blown the Rabbitohs out of the water and are poised to offer the Kangaroo a three-year deal worth at least $3.5m. The offer — which will be among the biggest in the club’s proud history — should be enough to see Cronk move to Kogarah to replace Benji Marshall, who has told St George officials he will retire at the end of the year.

Cronk will be reunited with former Melbourne teammate Gareth Widdop in one of the NRL’s most potent halves pairings should he accept the deal. A Souths official last week told this column the club could not compete with the money on offer from the Dragons after signing Sam Burgess.

Expect the Bulldogs to have a late crack at Cronk with Canterbury sure to start a bidding war should the untested halves partnership between Josh Reynolds and Moses Mybe fail to fire.

V

Vasilevsky

f**k him....Benji is a better player, Cronk gets more raps because of Origin exposure only.

I agree but Benji at 5/8, pulling off the big plays and Cronk at 7 keeping everything organized sounds very good to me.

Latest posts