What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper cronk

V

Vasilevsky

^ f@cking troll.
Widdop/Cronk combo actually won a title in 2012...gronk.

T.

Yep, and it was those two alone. As soon as our superstar 5/8 was let go by the Storm, those particular enemies collapsed faster than Italian divisions outside Stalingrad. Like Warriors without Johnson, Cowboys without Thurston... and Dragons without Benji based on last season.

FFS, Benji and Cronk would be sensational. Of course it could cause big problems in 2 or 3 years when both retire. Having said that, Widdop is average. Even though he is younger the team will collapse like it did when he was the only playmaker and like it did everytime last season he was the main playmaker.

hazzbeen

Bench
we get linked to every player wanting to leave a club.... until it happens I wont hold my breath....

I really hope Dragons land Cronk. It would be a fantastic signing.

Benji is a great player no doubt, however if he is retiring, a Widdop / Cronk halves pairing would be fantastic.

mickeylane

Bench
The serious question is -
How do we keep Cooper and Tara together for next 12 months!! They can't break up! We need to ensure that Dragons hire a chaperone for the next 12 months to ensure the relationship lasts at least till Sept 2016!!
Lol!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
We only ever seem to get top line players on the rebound or when things fall over. So if this reported story is correct then you'd expect the usual suspects (Roosters, Dogs even Panthers) to all have a crack and then the Storm will probably attempt to move heaven and earth to look after Cooper and his partner with some type of solution. If all this fails then we maybe a chance.....

St Georgio

Juniors
Great another post that will get 500000 views, then bang Cronk rejects Dragons offer to head North to play for the GC Titan.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Rest of article from dailytelegraph...

Souths seemed like a natural fit for Cronk with former Melbourne assistant and now Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire close friends with the precision-passing No.7.

But the Dragons have already blown the Rabbitohs out of the water and are poised to offer the Kangaroo a three-year deal worth at least $3.5m. The offer ? which will be among the biggest in the club?s proud history ? should be enough to see Cronk move to Kogarah to replace Benji Marshall, who has told St George officials he will retire at the end of the year.

Cronk will be reunited with former Melbourne teammate Gareth Widdop in one of the NRL?s most potent halves pairings should he accept the deal. A Souths official last week told this column the club could not compete with the money on offer from the Dragons after signing Sam Burgess.

Expect the Bulldogs to have a late crack at Cronk with Canterbury sure to start a bidding war should the untested halves partnership between Josh Reynolds and Moses Mybe fail to fire.

This is a big part of the story too - wonder if it's true or just more speculation ?

BennyV

Referee
i agree but benji at 5/8, pulling off the big plays and cronk at 7 keeping everything organized sounds very good to me.

rest of article from dailytelegraph...

Souths seemed like a natural fit for cronk with former melbourne assistant and now rabbitohs coach michael maguire close friends with the precision-passing no.7.

But the dragons have already blown the rabbitohs out of the water and are poised to offer the kangaroo a three-year deal worth at least $3.5m. The offer ? which will be among the biggest in the club?s proud history ? should be enough to see cronk move to kogarah to replace benji marshall, who has told st george officials he will retire at the end of the year.

cronk will be reunited with former melbourne teammate gareth widdop in one of the nrl?s most potent halves pairings should he accept the deal. A souths official last week told this column the club could not compete with the money on offer from the dragons after signing sam burgess.

Expect the bulldogs to have a late crack at cronk with canterbury sure to start a bidding war should the untested halves partnership between josh reynolds and moses mybe fail to fire.

r u ok?

BrissyRedV

Bench
This is a big part of the story too - wonder if it's true or just more speculation ?

Speculation. It wasn't more than a month or 2 ago that Benji was quoted as saying his body felt good and he wanted to play for a few more years.

The Nick

Bench
That would be interesting. His age bothers me on a three year contract but he is a hell of a player.

Ugh. Again this stupid argument....

^ f@cking troll.
Widdop/Cronk combo actually won a title in 2012...gronk.

T.

All he did was express an opinion respectfully. Your response is the real trolling.

Id rather sign Tara for 3 years and give her an extension....:D

I wouldn't even need 3 minutes.

getsmarty

Immortal
Bulldogs trying to offload Lloyd Perrett...what's the bet that's were he ends up..or the roosters.