What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most successful season in premier league history

shaggy

Juniors
im guessing if u look @ the last english premiership the most succesful season is?
man utd treble 98/99
arsenals underfeated season 03/04

or is it another season?

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Arsenals season doesn't even come close to the 99 Man utd team. To be able to win 3 comps including the best club comp in the world all in one season is an amazing feat.

DJ Raida

Bench
manchester 99 wins hands down

arsenal in 2004? they won the title, wow- thats it, sure they won it in style, but thats all theyve got to rememeber it by.

shaggy

Juniors
ok i posted incorectly
the post should have read which team was the most successful

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Even if you're only going by Premier League season it still goes to Man Utd, although it would be 99/00 instead. Going through the season undefeated may be nice, but that season we ended up with more points and scoring more goals than what Arsenal did last season. It's a case of 3 wins and 1 loss will end up giving you more points than 2 wins and 2 draws, even though the second is the one who can brag about being undefeated for four games.

99/00 Man Utd - Won 28, Drew 7, Lost 3 = 91 points (scored 97 goals, conceded 45 = difference of +52)
03/04 Arsenal - Won 26, Drew 12, Lost 0 = 90 points (scored 73 goals, conceded 26 = difference of +47)

But if you're including other competitions, I'd rank them like this:

1. 98/99 Man Utd treble winners

*huge gap*

2. 99/00 Man Utd
3. 03/04 Arsenal

watto

Juniors
I believe that the Man United team that collected the Treble wins hands down in every way

Mad Dogg

Juniors
In-goal said:
not a pinch of bias amongst any of that
Of course I'm biased, but I don't see how anybody can argue with it. Would a team that won 10 and drew 28 be classed as a better team than one who won 37 and lost 1, simply because they were undefeated? It's an extreme example, but the same principal applies. At the end of the day the total number of points shows who was the best team, and it points to the Man Utd team in 99/00.