What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Been thinking about this, probably because I've got no life but Taka has had some NRL experience as a 6 with the Titans and whilst I think Neil Henry is one of the worst coaches in the comp I even think he'd know better than to put a bloke there who can't pass both sides..maybe right centre could be a goer, his defence is still shaky though

IIRC Taka was a right half on occasions at the Titans.

I know people have bagged Richo lately but that's more the news agenda.

If we got Jennings and Richardson it would end up being the best recruitment since the superleague war

Agree.

Jennings is a premiership winner. Origin and International. but won't come cheap.

Richo was the CEO that helped Panfurs and Souffs win a Premiership. Has a good track record. But he won't come cheap either. But that don't matter as his salary won't be included in the cap.

Last edited:

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Been thinking about this, probably because I've got no life but Taka has had some NRL experience as a 6 with the Titans and whilst I think Neil Henry is one of the worst coaches in the comp I even think he'd know better than to put a bloke there who can't pass both sides..maybe right centre could be a goer, his defence is still shaky though

Foran, Scott, taka and gutherson, yes please

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Richo was the CEO that helped Panfurs and Souffs win a Premiership. Has a good track record. But he won't come cheap either.

I'd like Richo to be our CEO too, the less he's at the NRL f****** things up and offering some of the worst ideas I've ever heard the better. He's also pretty good at sweeping things under the carpet.

#ArizonaNeverForget

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree.

Jennings is a premiership winner. Origin and International. but won't come cheap.

Richo was the CEO that helped Panfurs and Souffs win a Premiership. Has a good track record. But he won't come cheap either.

Well they aint no salary caps for CEOs so who cares how much he costs if he's the right man for the job.

Bigfella

Coach
And you would have to think that the point of this deal is that Jennings will come (relatively) cheap.

It's obviously linked to Brisbane being able to get Roberts, and roosters being able to get a centre with big potential upside while easing cap pressure for other players they need to prioritise.

You'd have to assume that broncs or roosters or both are shaving something off his price.

Johnny88

Juniors
Roosters deny rumours Michael Jennings will join Parramatta
SYDNEY Roosters boss Brian Canavan has insisted Michael Jennings was in the club’s plans for 2016, despite speculation he is about to join the club he once despised, Parramatta.
Both players are represented by the same manager, who isn’t expected back from an overseas holiday until the end of the week.
As for retaining Jennings for the final year of his deal, Canavan said: “Michael is on contract until the end of 2016, and all of our preparation has him playing in the centres with possible (centre) partner Shaun Kenny-Dowall.’’
Parramatta officials remained tight lipped about Jennings when contacted on Monday night.
But the Origin centre is on around $700,000 in his final year at the Roosters, which would be a price that would be impossible for the Eels to pay.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-join-parramatta/story-fni3gn3s-1227697381626

Chipmunk

Coach
Or we are just copping it up the arse to help them sign Hayne

Well offloading Jennings will more than certainly tske The Plane's previous club out of the picture from any chance of signing him should he want to return.

Don't underestimate the possible strategies of the Rorters.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And you would have to think that the point of this deal is that Jennings will come (relatively) cheap.

It's obviously linked to Brisbane being able to get Roberts, and roosters being able to get a centre with big potential upside while easing cap pressure for other players they need to prioritise.

You'd have to assume that broncs or roosters or both are shaving something off his price.

Don't forget the Roosters also have SKD and Ferguson who are decent Centres, and it has been rumoured they need to free up some cap space for Boyd and maybe SBW.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Roosters deny rumours Michael Jennings will join Parramatta
SYDNEY Roosters boss Brian Canavan has insisted Michael Jennings was in the club’s plans for 2016, despite speculation he is about to join the club he once despised, Parramatta.
Both players are represented by the same manager, who isn’t expected back from an overseas holiday until the end of the week.
As for retaining Jennings for the final year of his deal, Canavan said: “Michael is on contract until the end of 2016, and all of our preparation has him playing in the centres with possible (centre) partner Shaun Kenny-Dowall.’’
Parramatta officials remained tight lipped about Jennings when contacted on Monday night.
But the Origin centre is on around $700,000 in his final year at the Roosters, which would be a price that would be impossible for the Eels to pay.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-join-parramatta/story-fni3gn3s-1227697381626

That's about as solid as a coach having "the full support of the board". They can't wait to get rid of the overpriced merkin.

eel speel

Juniors
Well offloading Jennings will more than certainly tske The Plane's previous club out of the picture from any chance of signing him should he want to return.

Don't underestimate the possible strategies of the Rorters.

Yes, maybe uncle Nick has a few tricks up his sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.