What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think rapists, violent criminals and pedophiles have it too easy in general. Rapists an pedophiles should be dead as far as I'm concerned or at the very least genitals and hands cut off and locked away till they die, but that is just me I guess. I'm sure someone will come to their defence though as usual.

We hear way too often that they get very short sentences, if you don't think that is too easy then that is your opinion, I certainly have a different one.

All that stuff is well and good but not really related to what you originally suggested.

You originally implied that they have it easier than sports stars who are constantly scrutinsed and pulled up for everything that they say. Just because a pedophile only gets 5, 10 or 20 years in jail compared to death - It doesn't mean that they are treated better than professional sports stars FFS!

I think I understand your point. I just thought it was a strange comparison to make.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I dont think anyone is suggesting she was in danger. I reckon she can handle herself and its a credit to her that she behaved professionally and tried to keep going rather than tell him to ram his c**k up his own ass.

That would have been f**ken funny. But, alas it would have also been disrespectful.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The media are companies trying to make money.
They make money via the public clicking on their pages to look at what they are putting up there.
So they are driven by what the public really want to look at at any point in time.
Alot is driven by what goes off on social media.

So yeah there is media hype, but this started on social media before the media jumped on the bandwagon.
People lap these type of things up these days

Its all about the money boys, producing clickbait is how they make more money now than selling the old fashioned newspaper.

Case in point, there was a poor kid in Brisbane who passed away from a coward punch earlier this week and the social media outlets picked it up and ran the full length of the field with it.

Everyone has heard about this.

What you probabaly haven't heard is that a 40 year old man also passed away 4 weeks ago from a coward punch in Brisbane, yet not one article appeared online about it. I just did a google news search for it and found nothing.

The victim was a 40 year old indigenous man yet none of the major news outlets deemed this news worthy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You should write for Foxsports then. They put out about 10 articles on Gayle yesterday and they are back on the Hayne plane today now that he has touched down.

guruminga

Juniors
Ohh ok. I briefly spoke to a bloke near the club with his young fella. They were from Adelaide decked out in their Parra gear. Afterwards, i immediately thought of you.

Hey mate, like Haynzy said, he was pretty stoked to be there. It was his first time in Sydney.

G

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
About to sneak out for a game of golf. The merkins attending the Brisbane International tennis better not be filling up the car park again.

Suitman

Post Whore
Just about to leave Port Vila. Vanuatu has been beautiful. We now have 2 days at sea until we arrive in Brisbane on Sunday. Looking forward to a another great meal tonight and then heading to the auditorium to see the Queen show. Btw, Jumpsuit and I have won over $US1900 on Bingo. The other passengers hate us. Haha. f**k'em.

Suity.

strider

Post Whore
Ive just watched the news and seen 4 different stories where people of asian heritage have stabbed (and several times killed) other family members/aquaintances. What the f**k is going on?

Ive just watched the news and seen 4 different stories where people of asian heritage have stabbed (and several times killed) other family members/aquaintances. What the f**k is going on?

It's 31 days to Chinese New Year?

Just an unfortunate coincidence I guess.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just about to leave Port Vila. Vanuatu has been beautiful. We now have 2 days at sea until we arrive in Brisbane on Sunday. Looking forward to a another great meal tonight and then heading to the auditorium to see the Queen show. Btw, Jumpsuit and I have won over $US1900 on Bingo. The other passengers hate us. Haha. f**k'em.

Suity.

Nice one, bro!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watching the Liverpool Legends and Socceroos Legends game, and...

Well, how exactly are Steve Corica and Clint Bolton "Legends"?