What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy For Grant?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Originally yes he was told to go and negotiations had progressed to the point where we would of been paying 100k per season then we pulled the deal told grant he was staying we didnt need his money any more grant wanted to go the tigers probably gave him a little more to sweeten the pot so grant asked for a release, he is probably loosing 50k a year but figures its worth it to play more minutes and somewhere he is wanted

Thanks for that.

Ttime

Juniors
almost every journo on twitter has Willie Mason to Souths... are we expecting an announcement shortly?

I am honestly pumped about this. As long as he isn't an idiot off the field he will be a great addition on the field. Had a great season last year.

southsport

First Grade
John Lee @JohnLeeNow
@RLW_Mole The official 4 words from the Rabbitohs are: Mason - Souths - not happening.
9:47 PM - 11 Jan 2016
8 8 Retweets 13 13 likes

doyen

Bench
almost every journo on twitter has Willie Mason to Souths... are we expecting an announcement shortly?

I am honestly pumped about this. As long as he isn't an idiot off the field he will be a great addition on the field. Had a great season last year.

I think he is definitely worth a punt.

Young props can be pushed into first grade too early & get hammered by the more experienced hard-heads!! Maybe the ones coming out of the Holden Cup need to throw their weight around in the NSW Cup for a season before being thrown to the wolves in the top grade. Confidence can be lost very quickly in the engine room for young props--there have been examples of this over the years,most notably Adam RITSON,a very big boy who was basically massacred!!

alien

Referee
letting grant go might mean there is now $400,000 to spend. jennings won't come because parra are offering him $800,000 a year. i'd contact tedesco's manager and ask if he wants out of where he is now. offer him $600,000 a year ($400,000 1st year, $800,000 2nd year), and maybe some cash from 3rd parties. he would be good in the centres with his speed (similiar to roberts), and he would take over the fullback spot when GI retires..

Last edited:

Itsmeagain

Juniors
letting grant go might mean there is now $400,000 to spend. jennings won't come because parra are offering him $800,000 a year. i'd contact tedesco's manager and ask if he wants out of where he is now. offer him $600,000 a year ($400,000 1st year, $800,000 2nd year), and maybe some cash from 3rd parties. he would be good in the centres with his speed (similiar to roberts), and he would take over the fullback spot when GI retires..
Only problem with that is if we spend all our cap, get injuries we wouldn't be able to promote the guys on second tier contracts, as they would be need to get paid their match fees by playing first grade.
The lack of depth in our squad means, realistically we need some cash in the bank to pay these guys who advance.

alien

Referee
Only problem with that is if we spend all our cap, get injuries we wouldn't be able to promote the guys on second tier contracts, as they would be need to get paid their match fees by playing first grade.
The lack of depth in our squad means, realistically we need some cash in the bank to pay these guys who advance.

that shouldn't be a problem at all

Payments for players outside Top 25
$460,000 - Cap for all players outside of the top 25 who compete in the Telstra Premiership.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

handyman2190

Bench
How can parra be offering 800k to jennings? If they arent over the cap then and the nrl dosent do to them what they did to us well thats pretty discriminating its a joke

alien

Referee
How can parra be offering 800k to jennings? If they arent over the cap then and the nrl dosent do to them what they did to us well thats pretty discriminating its a joke

i don't know, but i heard it on sky news channel tonight

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yeah he would be good I think. I'd have him on the bench with Tom. Clark would miss out.

I'd have George and Tyrrell starting.

My bench would be:

14. Carter
15. Grevsmuhl
16. Mason
17. Tom

It's a very good bench.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Parra can't afford that:shock:

I wouldn't want Tedesco on $800,000 in 2017. He isn't worth that.

Tedesco is injury prone too.

alien

Referee
Parra can't afford that:shock:

I wouldn't want Tedesco on $800,000 in 2017. He isn't worth that.

Tedesco is injury prone too.

well the average would be $600,000, but it would just be a way to fit him in for this year. i know i'm dreaming, but i'm looking to the future too. eventually g.i. will have to retire and there will have to be a good replacement. tedesco did seem to be injury prone but i'm not sure if it was always the same injury. he didn't get injured at all last year. i think he is on less than $600,000 at wests tigers, and i don't think he is getting anything from third parties (i could be wrong). he may be regretting not taking the better offer from the raiders. it's worth a shot imo. i reckon it's only a matter of time until he makes the nsw origin side. better to get him before his price increases. it could be done. grevs is leaving after this season, and maybe keary.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
we can do better than a 36 yr old (in april) mason

Most said the same about Lote and look how that turned out:) A very very good signing was Lote.

If we don't get Mason it doesn't bother me as we have lots of other good options too.

Latest posts