What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grevsmuhl Selected in Emerging Maroons Squad

alien

Referee
Grevsmuhl Selected in Emerging Maroons Squad
Tue 12th January, 05:12PM

1452579233108.jpg

Chris Grevsmuhl - Digital Image Grant Trouville © NRLphotos : NRL Rugby League Round 16 - South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium Friday the 26th June 2015.

Rabbitohs forward Chris Grevsmuhl has been selected in the Maroons Emerging Origin squad for the QAS Emerging Origin camp commencing in Brisbane this month.

Featuring players from 10 National Rugby League clubs, the 20-man squad will utilise the Queensland Sport & Athletics Centre (QSAC) facilities from January 29-31.

New Queensland State of Origin coach Kevin Walters said: “It’s always good to bring young blood through pathway programs like these.

“Identifying that talent early, getting them in together and getting them around the camp environment is the main objective. Introducing them to the Origin staff in some capacity is another major benefit as well.

“We’re always eager to look at the next generation of players coming through and the best way to do it is through these camps.”

Walters said the Emerging Squad was a “great concept” that had played a pivotal role in Queensland’s Origin success over many years.

“Most of them have played some sort of junior rep football or they know each other, but it’s nice to get them all together,” he said.

“It’s good for the coaches as well, and for myself personally to meet them all and see their different personalities and different traits because at the end of the day we’d like to see them come through and eventually play Origin.”

QAS Emerging Origin Squad:

Jayson Bukuya (Sharks)

Dale Copley (Broncos)

Tim Glasby (Storm)

Jake Granville (Cowboys)

Chris Grevsmuhl (Rabbitohs)

Valentine Holmes (Sharks)

Ben Hunt (Broncos)

Edrick Lee (Raiders)

Ethan Lowe (Cowboys)

Nene MacDonald (Titans)

Moses Mbye (Bulldogs)

Anthony Milford (Broncos)

Cameron Munster (Storm)

Dylan Napa (Roosters)

Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos)

Justin O’Neill (Cowboys)

Corey Oates (Broncos)

Lloyd Perrett (Bulldogs)

Korbin Sims (Knights)

Jarrod Wallace (Broncos)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/01/12/grevsmuhl_selected_i.html

Ttime

Juniors
Hopefully we can hang onto him.
Doesn't he have until June next year to renege?

We have certainly lost a lot of players in the past month. you'd think we can fit him in somehow.

Galeforce

Bench
i do not understand why he signed with Panthers way ahead of the 2016 season.

It smells of lack of confidence by Grevs in his ability to have a good season in 2016 or his worth.If Grevs believed he was in for a good season in 2016 , the smart play would be to hold off all contract talks for 2017 and let his value be shown on the field.

either means he was offered way too much by Panthers , more than even GRevs thought he was worth (or would be worth after playing 2016) , so he grabbed it , so that the deal was not lost or Souths told him he would not be wanted in 2017 , which i doubt.

I cannot blame Souths for Grevs lack of confidence.

alien

Referee
i do not understand why he signed with Panthers way ahead of the 2016 season.

It smells of lack of confidence by Grevs in his ability to have a good season in 2016 or his worth.If Grevs believed he was in for a good season in 2016 , the smart play would be to hold off all contract talks for 2017 and let his value be shown on the field.

either means he was offered way too much by Panthers , more than even GRevs thought he was worth (or would be worth after playing 2016) , so he grabbed it , so that the deal was not lost or Souths told him he would not be wanted in 2017 , which i doubt.

I cannot blame Souths for Grevs lack of confidence.

he will be on very good coin at penrith and didn't let the chance of financial security pass him by. i don't believe he has a lack of confidence

Rabbits20

Immortal
he will be on very good coin at penrith and didn't let the chance of financial security pass him by. i don't believe he has a lack of confidence

Yeah Souths probably couldn't afford to pay him too much more than what he's on now.

He will get more at Penrith, that's for sure.