What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sorry Hiney if I made a joke about your Amps. I was just having a laugh mate.

I am sure they are really good.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just noticed the thread title.

Hopefully Ram does a better job of whinging than Avenger did of sharing secrets.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry my reply to Gaz that didn't make the top 3000.

then i actually deleted it, it was just more whinging anyway so i don't think you would of missed it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Surprised i didn't make the thread titles

Rumoured and confirmed signings full of Hineysight and whinging XXVIII.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All good Hiney. Still love your work.

Ram doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. I don't have a problem with people being critical and am not suggesting that people shouldn't be at various stages.

I was just putting forward the proposition that repeated criticisms and pointing out obvious f**k ups after they occur is:

(a) Not smart; and
(b) Not helpful.

Particularly if it people do it again and again and again and again and again.....and don't offer anything constructive in return.

It is the easiest thing in the world to do.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All good Hiney. Still love your work.

Ram doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. I don't have a problem with people being critical and am not suggesting that people shouldn't be at various stages.

I was just putting forward the proposition that repeated criticisms and pointing out obvious f**k ups after they occur is:

(a) Not smart; and
(b) Not helpful.

Particularly if it people do it again and again and again and again and again.....and don't offer anything constructive in return.

It is the easiest thing in the world to do.
Sadly it what i do best :(

Captain Hineysight to the rescue!!! Even though i was critical of Sewards appointment but i don't think i was alone in that one.

TheRam

Coach
Firstly, who put you in charge and made you the whinge police?

And secondly, of course people including Hindyrulz have made great suggestions.

And here's one for free, maybe make the CEO appointment a from a pool of independently vetted highly qualified candidates and not a job for the boys.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Firstly, who put you in charge and made you the whinge police?

And secondly, of course people including Hindyrulz have made great suggestions.

And here's one for free, maybe make the CEO appointment a from a pool of independently vetted highly qualified candidates and not a job for the boys.

Firstly, I am making an observation. I don't expect anything to change.

Secondly, I haven't seen anything constructive accompany the typical 'he's shit', 'anyone can do better than our club', 'this club is f**ked' diatribes that I see. Happy for you to point me in the direction of some.

As for your suggestion:

How do you know that the club didn't look at other options apart from the one they chose?

Who independently vets the candidates?

How can you be confident that someone 'independent' will have a good enough understanding of what the club needs?

Just because they have chosen someone internally why do you assume it is a job for the boys? There are lots of instances in the corporate world where people get internally promoted and do a f**king good job.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Firstly, I am making an observation. I don't expect anything to change.

Secondly, I haven't seen anything constructive accompany the typical 'he's shit', 'anyone can do better than our club', 'this club is f**ked' diatribes that I see. Happy for you to point me in the direction of some.

As for your suggestion:

How do you know that the club didn't look at other options apart from the one they chose?

Who independently vets the candidates?

How can you be confident that someone 'independent' will have a good enough understanding of what the club needs?

Just because they have chosen someone internally why do you assume it is a job for the boys? There are lots of instances in the corporate world where people get internally promoted and do a f**king good job.

don't bother because he would have whinged and whined if someone external had got the gig

hindy111

Post Whore
I really couldnt care less about the board- Aslong as we are winning games does it matter? When your winning everyones happy.

And one thing Ram - Give the guy a chance too stuff up before we death ride him.....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I really couldnt care less about the board- Aslong as we are winning games does it matter? When your winning everyones happy.

And one thing Ram - Give the guy a chance too stuff up before we death ride him.....

Yeah but Hindy the trick is that you have to get in early and get all "Harold Bishop" about these things so that when it inevitably goes to shit (like most CEO appointments) you can say "I knew this bloke was no good".

It's the same trick that your mate Gus uses to ensure that he never gets it wrong when he is commentating a football game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah but Hindy the trick is that you have to get in early and get all "Harold Bishop" about these things so that when it inevitably goes to shit (like most CEO appointments) you can say "I knew this bloke was no good".

It's the same trick that your mate Gus uses to ensure that he never gets it wrong when he is commentating a football game.

I find gus channel 9 commentary terrible. He is just a bellend with his WOW.He passsed the ball WOW......Complete utter tool when commentating.

But as a football brain he is smart. He talks up players other clubs want in commentary and it brings there value up. Rarely the players he wants too sign. I also seen a good interview on TMM - He said his dream was to go and play with Thurston but after he talked to Gus it was like the way he presented himself he had to go there.
Very smart operator. Sure i reckon our club has a better team then them in 2016. I reckon we can win it while they well- May not make the 8. But the junior set up coming thru shows to me they are built for the long term. They have great talent coming thru there A$$.
Our great talents have pretty much been or are too be let go - Davies-Aliaoi-Tanginoa(now back)-Goodal-Lavaka-Pauli..... I do not have a lot of faith in our juniors currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts