What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing with Bromitch is he does not take the sting out of teams like JWH does. This is a big thing as it tires them down. Why I am a fan of Klemmer.

As for not seeing anything constructive, there have been plenty and I suggest you look a little harder then. But as fans it is not for us to come up with brilliant solutions every time our club stuffs up, but most of us know a turd when we smell one.

As for Boulous's appointment, we all know of the ongoing factions on the board, and in this instance we heard how Shrapie and another board member had, lets say, opposing views.

Put it this way an independent appointment is like what the Dogs did when they appointed Raelene Castle, not Parras appointment of Boulous.

As for companies promoting and hiring from within, sure of course, but not a guy that by all accounts has been unremarkable at best and fairly lousy at worst.

Is he better then the previous lot, who knows who cares, they are hardly the yardstick we should be measuring him by.

Sorry I have to go, I have been fighting a plumbing problem the last couple of hours, and now it really needs my full attention.

Ciao.

You make some good point on the CEO. Look at clubs like Souths, Tigers, storm, cowboys who all have had new CEO in the last 12 mths. What process did they use?was it the same? Did they all had different as to select CEOs. sure has got a favour from his mates at the club and on the board.

I think Foran Scott and Gordon won't play. The halves most likely will be Norman and Cornish

That would be good as the nines is a lottery. And we had had injures to key players. The last 2 years. From what I hear the nines is losing a bit of its excitement and players are not that fussed on going, especially if they cop an injury that rules them out for the season

Could someone please briefly summarise what the problem with Boulos is? Is it his mates, or his revealed ability? Is he just an unknown quantity or has he f**ked something up in the past?

Bigfella

Coach
It's the perception that his primary qualification is a previous relationship with one or more board members, in a context of our club's administration over the last twenty or thirty years having been proven unprofessional and in many ways incompetent - and that this went hand in hand with executive staff being appointed not on ability but by reason of their compliance and ability to be controlled by board factions.

I understand the concerns, because for too long (and one of the worst examples was the immediate predecessor) we have made internal appointments with connections to bird factions. That has been disastrous. This club, more than any other, has probably been crying out for fresh blood; genuine top level marketplace skills; top level professionalism and genuine experience.

Boulos would not quite seem to stack up to those requirements Prima facie. He has a sports administration background, but it is hardly top shelf.

I have set out the reasons I think it may not be as big an issue as it may have been in the first few months after seward's departure, but I can certainly understand the concerns to the contrary.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
has he a previous relationship with members of the incumbent board though?

I thought the Tassie football association gig indicated he was brought in from outside of Parra?

It's the perception that his primary qualification is a previous relationship with one or more board members, in a context of our club's administration over the last twenty or thirty years having been proven unprofessional and in many ways incompetent - and that this went hand in hand with executive staff being appointed not on ability but by reason of their compliance and ability to be controlled by board factions.

I understand the concerns, because for too long (and one of the worst examples was the immediate predecessor) we have made internal appointments with connections to bird factions. That has been disastrous. This club, more than any other, has probably been crying out for fresh blood; genuine top level marketplace skills; top level professionalism and genuine experience.

Boulos would not quite seem to stack up to those requirements Prima facie. He has a sports administration background, but it is hardly top shelf.

I have set out the reasons I think it may not be as big an issue as it may have been in the first few months after seward's departure, but I can certainly understand the concerns to the contrary.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Boulos has experience running a sporting organisation. Massive difference to Seward, who was a marketing dude...

If he was found suitable by an independent body, should we be so pessimistic at the outset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts