What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Could someone please briefly summarise what the problem with Boulos is? Is it his mates, or his revealed ability? Is he just an unknown quantity or has he f**ked something up in the past?

I don't think people have a problem with him, just rather the way he got in. They see it as jobs for the boys, but then again we don't know who applied for the position so he may have been the only one or we could have turned down the best CEO's from across the globe.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think people have a problem with him, just rather the way he got in. They see it as jobs for the boys, but then again we don't know who applied for the position so he may have been the only one or we could have turned down the best CEO's from across the globe.
Yeah i'm sure only one person applied for the CEO's job, more like only one person was in mind for the role.......

But the guy deserves a chance to show what he can do, being surprised what the clowns who have been running our club over the years doesn't surprise me anymore. Hopefully he does a great job and has the job for years.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah i'm sure only one person applied for the CEO's job, more like only one person was in mind for the role.......

But the guy deserves a chance to show what he can do, being surprised what the clowns who have been running our club over the years doesn't surprise me anymore. Hopefully he does a great job and has the job for years.

I thought my next line would have shown you how absurd that line was. I guess not.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if Jennings does sign, we head into 2016 with 3 backline players who are pretty much in the top 2-3 players in their current position ( Foran / Jennings / semi). Very impressive.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Speaking of which, a rumour on the Eels FB page says we are releasing Morgs to the Titans to accommodate Jennings.

That actually makes a bit of sense as the Titans are obviously short a centre. I genuinely hope it doesn't happen though, as I don't want to see this forum grind to a halt if we don't have Morgs to chat about! :D

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Morgan leaving would do one of 2 things that could be beneficial. We have another Top 25 spot which would go to Jennings but it would allow us to play Fuimaono in the centres in NSW cup. This would leave us with a player not experienced in first grade as a back-up as Toutai would then become our #1 back-up centre I'm assuming but would allow us to develop Fuimaono's game further which could be better for us in the long term.

The biggest losers for the club in this scenario is the fans, who are we to blame if we lose? Now that Sef and Morgan are gone and with Kelly more than likely our 4th choice half, where does that leave the Eels fan base? We won't know what to do with ourselves.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, could be part of the domino effect internally as well and things could fall nicely into place, but, its a FB rumour at this stage and nothing else

I wouldn't be too hopeful until it could be substantiated by someone other then this bloke getting a text message from his mate who knows some one at the cub, that's basically where it came from

Delboy

First Grade
Would suggest in that scenario, Gutherson would play wing which is where he debuted and played for Manly NRL.

Jennings would be a massive upgrade in the centre position and would create our best centre pairing since the halcyon days of Lyon/Vaeliki , what memories :)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Whichever of Takairangi/Gutherson who doesn't partner Jennings would surely be the first backup centre?

I probably should have said non top 17 back-up centre. But then again Toutai may be our #1 back-up if Gutherson goes to the wing where we may choose to keep Gutho on the wing and slot Toutai into the centres. If it's that Jennings and Gutherson are the starting centres then I would hazard a guess and say that Taka would then become our #1 back-up centre.

Fanbase

Juniors
I probably should have said non top 17 back-up centre. But then again Toutai may be our #1 back-up if Gutherson goes to the wing where we may choose to keep Gutho on the wing and slot Toutai into the centres. If it's that Jennings and Gutherson are the starting centres then I would hazard a guess and say that Taka would then become our #1 back-up centre.

Toutai as main back up? Lord help us. Has to be jennings and gutherson and Takarangi to reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts