What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

Parra

Referee
Standing at the windows in the bar used to be OK.

f**k standing on concrete just because some soccer fans need to smash chairs.

Let the soccer go to Henson Park if they want to stand. Lidcombe Oval also has plenty of standing room.

strider

Post Whore
I think the point of the steel rails is to be high enough to stop merkins from falling down the slope. Which unfortunately means its high enough to get in the line of vision sitting.

Ring Gids

Juniors
For me, it all Comes down to capacity. If standing areas give the club more tickets to sell, why not, but if it reduces capacity, then the idea should be rejected immediately.

I'm not a fan of standing areas, but as a fan I have the choice of either a ticketed membership or buying the seat that I'd prefer, rather than getting stuck in the standing area. No one to blame but myself if I ended up in one when I have the option of securing a seat.

I also think that a lot of the objectors on here probably very rarely sit up behind the sticks so it wouldn't effect then too much anyway.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So there you go Suity, based on a survey of 5 gibberers on the Internet, your Standing at league games question gets a resounding "f**k no, merkin".

phantom eel

First Grade
:lol:

Trying to pretend Eels fans might like to stand at the footy? What gibberish.

When you ask Eels fans what they want improved at our stadium, it tends to be more leg room (from seats), better lines of sight (from seats), and less time queing for food and drinks (less standing).

Standing is a thing of the past - even in EPL soccer. It's what you do at Granville Park when you watch the two blues play a Shute Shield match. It's what you do if you go along to the local park to watch your kids play cricket or footy. It's not what you do when watching top grade NRL in a modern stadium.

Perhaps it's time for Suity to end his trolling and take his soccer dreams elsewhere - it seems to bother him greatly that Eels fans don't share his passion for bending over backwards to acommodate the highly respectable group of well behaved fans that is the RBB? :cool:

its all a waste of time anyway they will smile and nod and say "we'll look into that"
then they will pick the option they were going to pick all along: the cheapest one

Gronk

Staff member
its all a waste of time anyway they will smile and nod and say "we'll look into that"
then they will pick the option they were going to pick all along: the cheapest one

Well clearly the type of seating installed at one end of the stadium would not impact greatly on the bottom line. Convertible seating or drop in benches or some sort of a compromise is always possible. Just look at how ANZ moves stands in and out to accommodate field sizes for their tenants. ANZ have shown that they can do anything if the tenant is worth while.

The elephant in the room here is whether WSW have earned the right to be heard at the highest level. Have they earned the right for a significant bespoke variation to the off the shelf drop in 35k stadium design ?

WSW should hardly be surprised that their requests might on deaf ears. Like it or not they are the Nick Kyrgios of the A-League. Tremendous talent, enormous potential, admirable results for newbies, but ....

Unfortunately like Nick, many from the WSW cannot fathom why all the wowsers keep making up a fuss about nothing.

:lol:

Trying to pretend Eels fans might like to stand at the footy? What gibberish.

When you ask Eels fans what they want improved at our stadium, it tends to be more leg room (from seats), better lines of sight (from seats), and less time queing for food and drinks (less standing).

Standing is a thing of the past - even in EPL soccer. It's what you do at Granville Park when you watch the two blues play a Shute Shield match. It's what you do if you go along to the local park to watch your kids play cricket or footy. It's not what you do when watching top grade NRL in a modern stadium.

Perhaps it's time for Suity to end his trolling and take his soccer dreams elsewhere - it seems to bother him greatly that Eels fans don't share his passion for bending over backwards to acommodate the highly respectable group of well behaved fans that is the RBB? :cool:

I think most people agree with you regarding this issue but you don't have to be a bitch about it, Bartman!! Suity clearly believes in something, it's not trolling.

I'm a massive WSW fan but even bigger eels fan but totally disagree about standing. It won't suit new stadium and would look ugly. Just my opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
One thing about the standing areas particularly that image that Suity posted is that its probabaly no place for families ie; women and kids so its effectively a area for testosterone filled passionate fans which seems to be the trend for soccer fans.

I've never been in a standing area so just making an observation. If thats the case it may not be the atmosphere that the Eels fans and footy club are used to.

The club has tried to increase its female membership over the years and this may be a step backwards but I guess the Wanderers families will have to deal with it as well.

phantom eel

First Grade
I think most people agree with you regarding this issue but you don't have to be a bitch about it, Bartman!! Suity clearly believes in something, it's not trolling.
Thanks Jake, but if what he believes in is clearly pie in the sky stuff, but he keeps banging on about it, then I reckon Suity is/was trolling? ;-)

I'm a massive WSW fan but even bigger eels fan but totally disagree about standing. It won't suit new stadium and would look ugly. Just my opinion.
Fair call. I think we're all in agreement here that standing just doesnt wash for rugby league fans of any team, and shouldn't be a part of a new multi-code stadium build. (All of us except for one person, who comes across as a bigger Wanderers fan than an Eels fan these days....)

phantom eel

First Grade
The elephant in the room here is whether WSW have earned the right to be heard at the highest level. Have they earned the right for a significant bespoke variation to the off the shelf drop in 35k stadium design ?

WSW should hardly be surprised that their requests might on deaf ears. Like it or not they are the Nick Kyrgios of the A-League. Tremendous talent, enormous potential, admirable results for newbies, but ....

Unfortunately like Nick, many from the WSW cannot fathom why all the wowsers keep making up a fuss about nothing.

One thing about the standing areas particularly that image that Suity posted is that its probabaly no place for families ie; women and kids so its effectively a area for testosterone filled passionate fans which seems to be the trend for soccer fans.

I've never been in a standing area so just making an observation. If thats the case it may not be the atmosphere that the Eels fans and footy club are used to.

The club has tried to increase its female membership over the years and this may be a step backwards but I guess the Wanderers families will have to deal with it as well.
Both very sensible comments, and further explanation about why the quest for "safe standing" in the new stadium build is simply unrealistic, and nothing for fans of any club or code to get too bothered about.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
That's good to hear. Even though the Leagues Club will have a larger carpark it would be good if the stadium has it's own carpark. It may also mean that the area in between the entrance to the stadium and entrance to the playing field is much larger, I really like that idea. My favourite stadium that I've been to, CBus on the Gold Coast, had a fair bit of room in between the gates and playing field would like that set-out.

strider

Post Whore
public pools are just germ ridden cesspits anyway ..... fckn westie merkins have a river, what more do they need?

Gronk

Staff member
public pools are just germ ridden cesspits anyway ..... fckn westie merkins have a river, what more do they need?

You mean Parramatta Beach ?

17e92e7f9a7353067a357d40ea3161fe

Latest posts