What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagon

Staff member
what happens if a nice person with AIDS farts and you have a blood nose and breath in infected poo particles :crazy:

if it's a silent fart that could make it more lethal as you don't know you should be holding your breath

I would suggest you always hold your breath

Just in case.......

phantom eel

First Grade
Jennings came at the expense of Hoppa- So lets keep positions for positions.
Hoppa was never here/contracted for 2016. Before Jennings signed for 2016, Pauli was part of our squad. With Jennings on board, Pauli is released, so I still contend it's a case of Jennings v Pauli.

Under a salary cap system you can never keep everyone, and need to make decisions on how much to spend retaining certain people. With the size of Watmough's contract (and Foran's, and Jennings') some people will definitely leave, and it comes down to the club making the best choices. I prefer keeping Gower, because he covers Prop and Lock (and at a pinch wide Second Row) with solid defence, whereas Pauli is only semi-good at wide Second Row (with questionable defence).

I really do not see the point of the academy if we do things like this.
The academy is just a hastag that 3P used to try and win votes. (And that Pou tried to use to justify why we should've kept supercoach Kearney... who really had nothing to do with anything in terms of future planning, since it apparently was all Nolan's doing back then anyway.)

what happens if a nice person with AIDS farts and you have a blood nose and breath in infected poo particles :crazy:

if it's a silent fart that could make it more lethal as you don't know you should be holding your breath

Plus the fact that not all farts have aroma. A healthy dieted pillow biter with AIDS could spread all sorts of abomination amongst god fearing folk.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well i think it's finally happened, this place has finally hit rock bottom :lol:

Time to bring back Big Bopper Eels bye bye thread :cool:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Hoppa was never here/contracted for 2016. Before Jennings signed for 2016, Pauli was part of our squad. With Jennings on board, Pauli is released, so I still contend it's a case of Jennings v Pauli.

Under a salary cap system you can never keep everyone, and need to make decisions on how much to spend retaining certain people. With the size of Watmough's contract (and Foran's, and Jennings') some people will definitely leave, and it comes down to the club making the best choices. I prefer keeping Gower, because he covers Prop and Lock (and at a pinch wide Second Row) with solid defence, whereas Pauli is only semi-good at wide Second Row (with questionable defence).

Agree with this, we always needed another decent signing in the centres for this year, and something has to give. That will always most likely be were the club believes we can afford to lose strength. I'm not happy losing Jnr. but outside backs was our greater need ATM.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point is thou what Watmough would of cost we could of kept these two.
So would you prefer Watmough or Jnr+Pauli?

Watmough was brought in to offer something that Paulo and Pauli will probably never be able to provide. Leadership is a buzzword to most people (and a dirty word to many), generally synonymous with management. But there are still workplaces where leadership is extremely important and very distinct from management, and the NRL is one such environment.

Also, the market wouldn't allow for Paulo and Pauli at the same price as Watmough. The latter was a broken down old warhorse when we signed him, and most clubs already have a few of those, meaning the demand wasn't as high. Players like Paulo and Pauli have huge potential, making demand high for these types of players. I'd say Paulo's next contract will be bigger than Watmough's current one. And Watmough is still a more valuable defender.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach

So very tempted to make this quote my sig. :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jennings came at the expense of Hoppa- So lets keep positions for positions.

Watmough at the time a lot on here said it will cost us some good juniors. I would of preferred to get rid of David Gower then Pauli as his ceiling is not as high.

I really do not see the point of the academy if we do things like this. And i am not against Watmough but at the time the guys managing our cap must of been able to punch some nm,bers and go well if we do sign him we may end up losing these guys.Half the people on here predicted it and its not our JOB.

Paulo and Pauli have strengths as well as massive weaknesses. I would prefer we keep the young forwards with less weaknesses, such as Moeroa, Alvaro, Pritchard (though his injury history indicates a weakness).

But more important than fetishising young players is keeping players who are in their prime (at the right price) - players like Radradra, Takairangi, Norman, Mannah, Peats, Edwards, Ma'u, and now Jennings and Foran.

Then there are the old heads like Gordon, De Gois, Wicks, Watmough, Scott and Gower, who are invaluable to maintaining culture, whether they take the field or not - so what they offer off the field is part of their price.

Parra47

Juniors
Can't say I've known any gay men, (not that I know of anyway), but over the past 16 years I've gotten to know and become quite good friends with a fair few gay women. Not relevant to anything just thought I'd put it out there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't say I've known any gay men, (not that I know of anyway), but over the past 16 years I've gotten to know and become quite good friends with a fair few gay women. Not relevant to anything just thought I'd put it out there.
Maybe they told you that to let you down gently ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts