What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
parroting yourself with your nonsense 'backed into a corner' claims. you're the biggest culprit of your own deluded accusations.

Liverpool haven't signed Texeira yet because they obviously view the big investment as a considerable risk. It's like you expect Ian Ayre to be like Vito Corleone and give them an offer they can't refuse without even meeting the asking price. He's not Don Corleone, nor is he a mind-controlling jedi.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
parroting yourself with your nonsense 'backed into a corner' claims. you're the biggest culprit of your own deluded accusations.

Liverpool haven't signed Texeira yet because they obviously view the big investment as a considerable risk. It's like you expect Ian Ayre to be like Vito Corleone and give them an offer they can't refuse without even meeting the asking price. He's not Don Corleone, nor is he a mind-controlling jedi.

I believe I said... " not unlike ayre to come back empty handed " and I was right... Youre the one with the issue with this

saint.nick

Coach
I believe I said... " not unlike ayre to come back empty handed " and I was right... Youre the one with the issue with this

Stop twisting around the implications of what you said. You're having an incessant whinge and moan because he came back empty-handed, like the whole mission has already failed becaue of him.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Stop twisting around the implications of what you said. You're having an incessant whinge and moan because he came back empty-handed, like the whole mission has already failed becaue of him.

what exactly do i need to twist?

When ed002 wrote that he had no idea what was going on with Liverpool, it's been a very rapid development. Like James Pearce said, Ayre wouldn't fly out there if he wasn't reasonably confident.

Negotiations have stalled with Chelsea because Akhmetov doesn't wanna sell him in January and only will if his high asking price is met, which Chelsea don't seem to want to meet. So Liverpool meanwhile have seemed to take notice of this and quickly swooped in to get something done.

He has no hamstring injury, he pulled up in training with a thigh problem and it's being scanned.

because ayre's never come back empty handed from a transfer junket before has he?

The last junket he came back from, he had a contract signed by Firmino in his hand. If you're seriously trying to reference Konoplankya then you're an idiot.

saint.nick

Coach
*sigh*

Yeah, that snide remark implies that if he comes back 'empty handed', then the whole mission has failed because of him.

I pointed out that if the deal doesn't happen, it's not necessarily his fault.

So now you're like, "oh, but I suggested Ayre would come back empty handed, and I was right!"

Nah, not really. For you, empty-handed meant deal over. The deal is not over, negotiations are still ongoing.

saint.nick

Coach
You're going around in circles with this. Fact of the matter is that Liverpool could still yet sign Teixeira. You're prematurely comparing an ongoing deal to dead deals like Konoplankya and Costa just to be a hysterical attention whore and put shit on the club because of your blind agenda.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Looks like the Shaktar Owner is being extremely difficult so the Teixiera deal more than likely won't happen. We could meet the asking price and it still won't be enough to convince them to sell. Very similar to Konoplyanka, where the Dnipro owner wouldn't sign the paperwork to complete the deal.

Really wish we would stay away from dealings with Ukrainian clubs.

cb4

First Grade
We know what they want, so it's just a case of whether we feel the player is worth it or not. We have 5 days.
If we don't do it now, someone else will in the Summer.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
and you do get the feeling that craig might be right on this one, and our recent history of haggling over a few mill will come back to bite us, again. which would be very disappointing.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Russians laugh at ayre and think of him as free vodka.

This is where the club shows some ambition and signs a player of proven quality for s bit more

cb4

First Grade
and you do get the feeling that craig might be right on this one, and our recent history of haggling over a few mill will come back to bite us, again. which would be very disappointing.

I won't be disappointed.

No one here has seen more than 4 games from him.

If the club value him at 35-38mil they will sign him.

If they don't they won't.

I'd prefer our defence was fixed but that is a different topic for debate.

Mario Suarez to Watford for 4 mil is the one I am disappointed about.

A DM, a physical one, going to a shite club for 4 mil.

saint.nick

Coach

You seriously can't win though. If we sign him, people will say we overpaid and got mugged. If we don't sign him, people will say we are unambitious and stingy.

If we don't sign him, it's simply because we've come to a conclusion that we don't value Teixeira as well as Shakhtar do, and don't want to feel ripped off. Unless the club decides to cough up the money, Ian Ayre is doing his best negotiate a deal considerably below what Shakhtar value him. If Shakhtar refuse to budge, then there is nothing anyone can do about it. Chelsea, Juve and PSG have already tried before us.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
That all being said, If Liverpool don't cough up the money, and actually feel confident about getting a deal done below what Shakthar are asking, then they're deluded.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Even if we meet the asking price there's no guarantee the owner won't just raise it again like he already has twice to Chelsea.

cb4

First Grade
Even if we meet the asking price there's no guarantee the owner won't just raise it again like he already has twice to Chelsea.

They have valued him at 38mil. If we meet it and they say no then they run the risk of no players wanting to go there in the future.
It's also branded over the media, if we can prove we made the bid they asked for, Teixeria and his agent can go to Fifa for a restriction of trade if we give documents that we were going to increase his salary.

It won't come to that though.

We will either bid 38 and get him, or walk away and blame them.

Red Bear

Referee
I won't be disappointed.

No one here has seen more than 4 games from him.

If the club value him at 35-38mil they will sign him.

If they don't they won't.

I'd prefer our defence was fixed but that is a different topic for debate.

Mario Suarez to Watford for 4 mil is the one I am disappointed about.

A DM, a physical one, going to a shite club for 4 mil.
A decent DM makes a huge difference to the defence, which is why I'd love to go after him. Teixera doesn't seem the sort of player we need when there is already Coutinho, Firmino, Llalana all in his role.

Although DM is tough because Henderson is captain and Milner is there, when you'd probably prefer to only play one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.