What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
A decent DM makes a huge difference to the defence, which is why I'd love to go after him. Teixera doesn't seem the sort of player we need when there is already Coutinho, Firmino, Llalana all in his role.

Although DM is tough because Henderson is captain and Milner is there, when you'd probably prefer to only play one of them.

You can easily line up with them all

Hendo - Suarez

Milner - Firmino - Coutinho

Teixeria

or

Hendo - Suarez - Milner

Firmino - Coutinho

Teixeria

Tex and Firmino can be interchanged.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
A decent DM makes a huge difference to the defence, which is why I'd love to go after him. Teixera doesn't seem the sort of player we need when there is already Coutinho, Firmino, Llalana all in his role.

Although DM is tough because Henderson is captain and Milner is there, when you'd probably prefer to only play one of them.

Our priority should be a quality cm no dm, we need someone who can do what Allen has been doing lately (box to box) but on a more consistent basis and with more size.

Hendo could make an excellent full time dm if converted

cb4

First Grade
Our priority should be a quality cm no dm, we need someone who can do what Allen has been doing lately (box to box) but on a more consistent basis and with more size.

Hendo could make an excellent full time dm if converted

I agree we need a top quality CM, but I don't think it should be Hendo. He has too much qiuality going forward. I would like a top quality CM in the summer, but I think we will be kicking ourselves by not getting Mario Suarez.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
According to ed2 they've had the price raised twice by the Shaktar owner. Teixiera agreed to go to Chelsea before we were even interested as well. They won't be held to ransom which is exactly how we should be looking at it. It's clear Shaktar don't want to sell in January and fair play to them. We are asking for their main goal scoring asset.

saint.nick

Coach
According to ed2 they've had the price raised twice by the Shaktar owner. Teixiera agreed to go to Chelsea before we were even interested as well. They won't be held to ransom which is exactly how we should be looking at it. It's clear Shaktar don't want to sell in January and fair play to them. We are asking for their main goal scoring asset.

I know the price was raised twice, but was that after they bid twice, or just after discussions?

saint.nick

Coach
I agree we need a top quality CM, but I don't think it should be Hendo. He has too much qiuality going forward. I would like a top quality CM in the summer, but I think we will be kicking ourselves by not getting Mario Suarez.

There's talk linking us to Xhaka. What do you make of it?

lolesi

First Grade
Of course they do!

If NRL clubs do it I have no doubt the heavyweights of EPL, La Liga etc would do the same

cb4

First Grade

That ed fella is all guess work. He knew nothing about Caulker so I doubt he has a breeze on this.

saint.nick

Coach
Even if we match the price, it might not be enough. We still need to convince the owner to sell now rather than later. The owner is saying, 'offer 38M, and then I'll think about it...'

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That ed fella is all guess work. He knew nothing about Caulker so I doubt he has a breeze on this.

Sorry but Don't agree, he's knowledge is better than anyone I've read and not just LFC related. Obviously doesn't get 100% right all the time but there's people on here that get things wrong. Things can move quickly and unexpectedly in the football world.

saint.nick

Coach
If we say no on Teixeira then maybe expect a late move for Praet.

If we don't want to stump up the money for Teixeira then it's not purely an Ian Ayre decision. Klopp even said himself it's not necessary to spend crazy money for the sake of it. My gut feeling is that if Klopp really, really, really wants Teixeira, then they'd show the money.

saint.nick

Coach
When clubs dig their heels in then there is nothing you can really do apart from give them what they want. Liverpool dug their heels in with Suarez, and hence Arsenal didn't get their man because they didn't think Suarez was worth the amount we wanted (hindsight is so convenient though)

cb4

First Grade
I think we would go for a striker and not a midfielder if we are to say no to Tex.

And you are right Nick, the decision is well out of Ayre's grasp now. He went to Florida as he was encouraged a deal could be done. He negotiated with the player and agent to get the wages in order and left Michael Gordon and co to do the rest.

saint.nick

Coach
Well, did they go after Teixeira for his AM qualities or his ability to play up front? It seems strange to not need a striker unless you fail to bring in a certain AM.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
The only thing that gives me hope he can play as a false 9 is his goal scoring ability. You can't teach the knack of finding the back of the net, but then again kuyt and voronin were prolific too in lesser leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.