What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
IMO, if we got him it would be him and Firmino up top interchanging as a false 9. He looks like he plays better off of the striker, just a bit deeper.
I have literally based that off 3 champions league games that are available in full on youtube.

cb4

First Grade
Teixeria is a pretty handy goal scorer.

Just have a look at this as a superlative if needed. Andriy Yarmelenko is subject of a 23million pound bid from Arsenal and he is having a career best year so far, with 8 goals. That places him third on the list.

People have been bagging the fee saying it is only the Ukrainian League, but that league has produced some very good players.

Willian cost 28 million and his best goal return was 11 in the UkL.
Douglas Costa cost 23 million, but his contract was winding down. You can bet if he had 2.5 years left on his deal he would have cost closer to 35.

Yehven Konplyanka has done pretty well in Spain. Luis Adriano isn't a slouch in Italy either.

Then you have a look at Teixeria and he has 22 goals in 15 games, the next best is 10 in 16.

You add in his 8 UCL games he has played so far and he is sitting on 26 goals in 23 games.

That is an amazing return.

A quality player is actually stating they want to come to Liverpool. That will only happen for so long now. We can't continue to not sign players and finish 7th otherwise these types of players won't come to us.

If he is the player Klopp identified to ease his goal scoring drought, then pay it.

saint.nick

Coach
I just want to know why the club even bothered with pursuing this player if a) they knew what price Shakhtar want, and b) they are highly reluctant to pay it. It's just such a waste of time. It's the equivalent of booking a table at a really expensive restaurant, sitting down at the table reading the menu, baulking at the item prices, and then getting up to leave. It does not make any sense.

cb4

First Grade
Thats why I am not paying attention to the tabloids. We were encouraged to fly over. Everyone is saying 3 bids have been rejected yet Teixeria himself confirmed only 1 bid had gone in.
Happy for this to play out either way.

saint.nick

Coach
And Jack, ed002 may be very knowledgeable, but my word is he an utterly rude asshole. Just tried to antagonise and put the guilt trip on a fan who simply suggested that Benteke should be sold. f**king hell, the guy's a lunatic.

cb4

First Grade
Thats probably the only part of the equation that has no clarity on it. But even James Pearce himself has said we were encouraged to go over and negotiate.
Tony Barrett, who broke the story, also said that the signs were encouraging for Ayre and his delegates to go to Florida.

Whilst Ayre has come back, the rest of the FSG team are still there.

The windo still has 4 more days so until there is a nailed on article saying we are 100% pulling out then this probably has another bid in it.

I could see 33 mil with add ons being the next one, but tbh, they should just pay 38 and make sure that Andy Carroll isn't our most expensive signing anymore.

saint.nick

Coach
Thats probably the only part of the equation that has no clarity on it. But even James Pearce himself has said we were encouraged to go over and negotiate.
Tony Barrett, who broke the story, also said that the signs were encouraging for Ayre and his delegates to go to Florida.

Whilst Ayre has come back, the rest of the FSG team are still there.

The windo still has 4 more days so until there is a nailed on article saying we are 100% pulling out then this probably has another bid in it.

I could see 33 mil with add ons being the next one, but tbh, they should just pay 38 and make sure that Andy Carroll isn't our most expensive signing anymore.

If Liverpool were pulling out then we would have heard of it by now. Surely they have something up their sleeve. They won't give up lightly on a very talented and eager-to-join player who gave one of the most honest interviews about his present and future that I have ever seen from a pro footballer.

HowHigh

Coach
I'll give Klopp the benefit of the doubt if he pays that much for Teixera.
I don't know enough about the player to make a call but it's obvious we're lacking something and need a couple signings if we hope to challenge for top 4 this season.

saint.nick

Coach
Lol, Teixeira not happening. Their CEO came out and said they will sell in the summer instead, unless someone offers 70M Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.