What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mose out for the season

getsmarty

Immortal
English recruit McCarthy disappointed for injured teammate

Feb. 5, 2016, 4:07 p.m.

r1786_0_4297_3444_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Tyrone McCarthy has earned a late call-up to the Auckland Nines

Dragons recruit Tyrone McCarthy says he’s gutted for Mose Masoe after earning a late call-up for the Auckland Nines in place of the injured giant who tore his ACL at training Wednesday.
McCarthy has battled a niggling hamstring injury through the preseason but was fit enough to initially be selected for the Dragons trial against Wynnum- Manly on Saturday.
"He's a big character amongst the team, not only in stature but also how fun and vibrant he is. Everyone is really sad for him," McCarthy told NRL.com.
"We were all so excited to see what he was going to do this year. To lose him is a pretty big blow for us.
"When you see how hard he was training, it's probably the best condition he's been in for a long time, and that's a credit to him. It's just unfortunate that he had to suffer what he did."
McCarthy will be looking to press his claims for a spot in the Dragons round one lineup at the tournament.

"I want to perform and put my best foot forward with round one approaching.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3709979/recruit-gutted-for-hurt-masoe/?cs=2382

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
That is a great blow to us, so what does that leave us with for props Ah Mau, Packer, Creagh and Ikahihifo...am I missing anybody...I suppose Cooper and Lui perhaps...anybody's thoughts

BigBoss

Juniors
Understand your frustration mate, I feel the same way..BUT Why couldn't it of happened to one of our countless no name players?.....really poor use of words don't you think...their all our players arnt they. :(

Good point. Dragons aside, if these injuries are to happen I rather they happen to players who have the next couple of years sorted, as opposed to an off contract fringe player with mouths to feed.

I'm very disappointed because I think this is a big loss for the Dragons, but Mose will be ok and we'll see him back next season (maybe even late this season if we are lucky).

Don't think they were poor choice of words at all.

We have had far too many players in the mediocre category for years, but that finally appears to be changing thankfully. We finally sign a massive body in Mose and he's gone without having played a single game.

I'm just saying there's probably 10/15 players I'd rather this happen to then the big fella.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'd prefer it happened to no one.

Thanks Bottle that's the point I was trying to make to BigBoss when I said poor choice of words......he obviously doesn't think so .....so that's his opinion I guess...I'll move on.

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
Massive blow for the club . Very disappointed for Mosse and supporters , he is a player that other players prefer not to run at or tackle . I feel the club should try and look to shore up the position for us to compete with the heavy weights . Loyd Perrett or Junior Paulo come to mind unless anyone else can think of someone . Please do not come up with Willie Mason

Wittenberg

Juniors
Anyone who thinks Mose will come back fresh for the semis is dreaming! ACL op for huge man does not spell anything like a quick recovery. See yah in 2017 you poor bugger.

BigBoss

Juniors
Funny thing is I originally said it just as 'bad joke', I never actually meant any of it. Few hours later every white knight and their dog is after blood. What kind of bloke would wish harm on another bloke?

I guess my trolling days resurfaced for a moment there is all lmao

Can we just get back on topic now people??

Mr Red

First Grade
I'm pissed off about this. With him and Packer we had the force up front needed , puts a lot of pressure on Packer to be the enforcer. Need the rest to step up now...

Have a feeling that Packer will lead by example

We have a solid forward pack with much greater ability and depth than last year.

More interested in how Mann goes at Full Back in trials