What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I am 50yo and started taking doing weights seriously about 6 months ago, I've been bench pressing 145kg but just recently ruptured a disc in my back which is pinching on a nerve, sending pain down my leg.
Absolutely gutted, had injections to ease the pain but has done nothing and it looks like an operation is the next step.

That really sucks man, you were bench pressing a pretty impressive weight.

How have you been travelling mate, is an op still on the cards or are you able to manage without one?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I am in my early 30s but so crippled with injuries from years of lifting weights I am doing well if I can get a bench over 100kilos these days lol. Like I have shocking tendinitis for example.

So thats an amazing bench press at 50 holy moly.

JasonE

Bench
That really sucks man, you were bench pressing a pretty impressive weight.

How have you been travelling mate, is an op still on the cards or are you able to manage without one?

Not too bad thanks mate, the disc problem has settled down but I am terrified of re-injuring it so although I am back in the gym I am taking it slowly.
Trying to avoid an op at the moment.
All the best.

McNulty

Juniors
I always train on my own so never do bench press. Use free weights instead.

What does 44kg dumbbells translate into bench press? Push out 4-6 of those!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I always train on my own so never do bench press. Use free weights instead.

What does 44kg dumbbells translate into bench press? Push out 4-6 of those!

Hard to say. I could bench 130kg while I was doing 48 - 50kg dumbells......so maybe around 120?

I found dumbells really effective but eventually I always injure my left shoulder so I pretty much stick to barbell these days.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There is a lot going on with a db press so its not so easy to convert. Depends on how strong your stabiliser are and how deep you are taking the stretch. A oly bar cant pass through your chest but you can with DBs. Either way thats an impressive lift.

Numbers itself arent important. You are stronger than most people i see at the gym. Everyone can bench 2 plates at the pub but i might see a bloke or two a week smash it out perfectly.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm nowhere near that at the moment, just started back this week after a long lay-off. Turns out early morning gym sessions aren't so easy when you have a kid.

abpanther

Staff member
Did my first bar and ring muscle ups the other day, was really stoked to finally get them

Can now string together handstand push ups pretty comfortably

100k split jerk

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
only just recently back into it seriously, last 6 weeks ive managed to

drop from 126kg to 119kg
go from 11.30 min 2km run and nearly dieing to 9.30 and slowly decreasing
blood pressure has dropped from 146/88 to 122/85
taken 5cm off my chest and 4cm around my gut
pretty intense circuit workout i got given for my weights, upped the weight and all of them while knicking 5 minutes off the overall time and adding an extra round.

Clifferd

Coach
Last Monday I pushed 130kg bench for triples at 92ishkgs bodyweight, in my early 20s also. Felt like I had more in the tank but I've strained myself in the past from pushing myself too hard, it was a PB anyway

I don't really train for anything in particular other than the satisfaction of lifting big numbers so probably more a powerlifting mindset haha. Although I haven't deadlifted in quite a while due to a back injury suffered from a work related injury :/

Fairly lean, have a lot of definition and if I had to guess I'd be around 12-13%ish body fat with a lot of LBM

shaggs

Coach
Couple of new good PB's from testing week.
Squat clean 1rm 100kg
Back squat 1rm 143kg
Bench 1rm 105kg
Push press 1rm 90kg
Front squat 3rm 110kg
Deadlift 3rm 160kg
Deadlift 1rm 180kg

All at 82kg body weight. Back into the cardio program next week

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Damn!! Some strong mofos in here..

All PBs of 1RM

Back Squat (full): 200kgs

Deadlift:160kgs

Bench Press: 137.5kgs

I weigh 103kgs.

Cletus

First Grade
13412901_10154287100326663_827306057370744803_n.jpg

Climbed my first grade 23 climb a couple of weeks ago, and I've lost 30kgs in 5 years. Made me feel like a better human :)

Cletus

First Grade
Shipley! Streaker Named Desire, I've been trying to do it for 18 months so I was pretty stoked.

GAZF

First Grade
Numbers from the past fortnight:

Back Squat: 5x155 kg
Bench: 2x102 kg (PB)
Deads: 3x200 kg (PB)
Military press: 1x71 kg (PB)
Power cleans: 2x95 kg (PB)

87 kg body weight

Got a home gym so I rarely test 1RM's intentionally.