What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne: "if I’d ever come back I’d go to Parra"

Avenger

Immortal
This is assuming the NRL don't break open the purse strings to top up his contract though. If they don't offer Hayne huge dollars to return to the league outside of the salary cap, then their marketing department needs to be sacked. I'd also be happy for them to offer Hayne this money ONLY if he plays for Parra. They developed him, he stuck with them his entire NRL career, they deserve him in their team.

Well said, good on you Danish.

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Did they? I know they canned front loading, but I was certain Parra (because of course we did) signed a couple of players recently on back ended deals....either way, the point is much the same. It's impossible to say what will happen until it does

pretty sure it was scrapped after manly and wests recent forays into salary cap problems due to stupidly backended deals

He's come out publicly several times and said the same thing yet people are still hell bent on trying to say he's lying. Why? He's kept his word every step of the way.

because rugby league is built on controversy and speculation. it doesn't sell papers or get interweb clicks if the story was simply "hayne will go back to the eels" and everyone left it alone until his US adventure finished. i reckon he'll just spend his off season being seen with players from as many different clubs as possible for the lols

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
He is never coming back.....

And any Eels fan trying to work out a Salary Cap scenario to fit him in, should really stop now. Your track record of late suggests even the club has no f**king idea how that's to be done.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
pretty sure it was scrapped after manly and wests recent forays into salary cap problems due to stupidly backended deals

because rugby league is built on controversy and speculation. it doesn't sell papers or get interweb clicks if the story was simply "hayne will go back to the eels" and everyone left it alone until his US adventure finished. i reckon he'll just spend his off season being seen with players from as many different clubs as possible for the lols

It wasn't a paper. He said it on radio straight from his mouth.

And educated people don't care what the paper writes, the quotes from multiple news sources are what counts. Although never conclusive still far credible than complete made up crap from you blokes

GongPanther

Referee
he will sign for either the most money or best chance at a premiership.

Which is with the Panthers.We won't need many players for the 2017 season given the recruitment we have already done albeit we will have to do some contract extending.

But if Hayne wants to go to a club with a more than better chance than most,he'll be looking at the likes of (Sydney based teams) the Panthers,Manly,Canterbury or maybe even Soufs.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Which is with the Panthers.We won't need many players for the 2017 season given the recruitment we have already done albeit we will have to do some contract extending.

But if Hayne wants to go to a club with a more than better chance than most,he'll be looking at the likes of (Sydney based teams) the Panthers,Manly,Canterbury or maybe even Soufs.

Puff, puff, pass mate - Don't hog it

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I feel like I'd bet you my left nut Parra will be much stronger contenders this year than your mob, if you felt like you needed an extra one.

nick87

Coach
If he comes back it should be with Parramatta, as long as they can afford him under the cap.
They developed him, they deserve to reap the benefits of his return should it happen

Avenger

Immortal
Parramatta officials working on plan to bring Jarryd Hayne home to Eels

4e9f69fc2641b32d1ce44300081b5cf1

PARRAMATTA officials are already working on a blueprint to bring Jarryd Hayne home, with Eels chairman Steve Sharp revealing: “If he’s available, we will make it happen.”

Only 48 hours after becoming shock Auckland Nines champions, Sharp told The Daily Telegraph his board was working on a five-year financial plan that includes a contract for the San Francisco 49er.

Despite being fined $465,000 for salary cap breaches in 2015, and possibly starting this season on minus four competition points, the Eels are confident Hayne can be catapulted into a backline set to boast Test recruits Kieran Foran and *Michael Jennings.

The news comes after the 27-year-old, at a Super Bowl promotion on Monday, revealed Parramatta would be his home should he ever return to the NRL.

“Like I always said, if I ever came back I’d go to Parra if they wanted me,’’ Hayne told Triple M’s The Grill Team.

“That was always something I said from the start. It’s funny when you see media outlets say I’m doing this and I’m doing that ... if you believe that you’re a clown.”

On Tuesday, Sharp continued the good news for Eels fans, insisting his club would find whatever cash was required to sign Hayne — a figure that could reach as much as $1.5 million.

This comes despite the club already boasting arguably the best NRL signing package for 2016 — with Foran and Jennings joined by NSW Origin enforcer Beau Scott and Cronulla fullback Michael Gordon.

“Can we have Jarryd Hayne at Parramatta? The short answer is yes,’’ Sharp said.

“I’ve been saying for a long time now that Jarryd, he’s an Eels man through and through. This is his junior club, he’s loved by the fans and, despite some of the reports circulating, Parramatta is a great club where people want to be.

“We’re already working on plans for where we want to be in five years and we’ve factored in Jarryd being available.”

Asked if Parramatta would require the NRL’s mysterious war chest — as famously announced by former CEO Dave Smith — to bring Hayne home, Sharp continued: “Obviously we’d love to have that assistance there.
“But who knows? It was Dave Smith who talked that up.

“He wanted to use it for bringing back guys like Jarryd, Sonny Bill Williams and Israel Folau. But where that is all at now he’s gone we don’t know.

“But if that money isn’t there, we will still make it happen.”

Hayne has been heavily linked to the Roosters in recent months, especially after the NFL rookie was pictured meeting with Tricolours coach Trent Robinson.

However, the pair, who are both huge fans of English Premier League club Liverpool, simply crossed paths when, separately, they were invited to meet the Legends team that played here in January.
Yet while Hayne has confirmed his allegiances to the Blue and Gold, Sharp warned there was a real possibility the champion fullback would never don their jumper again.

“I can see Jarryd playing NFL for the next five years,” the Eels *chairman said.

“I really believe he’ll make it.

“When you consider what we’ve seen him do already in his rookie season, the confidence he received, and couple that with another pre-season ... I can see Jarryd being a success there until he is 31 or 32.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...story-comments

Snappy

Coach
If he comes back it should be with Parramatta, as long as they can afford him under the cap.
They developed him, they deserve to reap the benefits of his return should it happen

Which is fine. But no handouts from the NRL and clearly they'd have to shed a big name or two to fit him in the cap.

Rhyno

First Grade
Hayne will be back at the eels before June 30th next year

Last edited: