What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9's thread

The Nick

Bench
It would be interesting to know what the revenue generated from this event is. Does anyone have any idea?

The Auckland community definitely make good on the back of the event but I'm in the dark on what it does for the NRL

As it's a partnership between the NRL, Promoters and Auckland tourism I imagine they get a share of ticket revenue, the revenue generated from adding it to the broadcast deal, their usual slice of the pie with merchandising plus the added bonus of all the exposure a big rugby league event in New Zealand would generate.

Not to mention the 2.something million dollars in prize money going back to the clubs.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
To make it interesting they should add the ESL teams like they did ages ago.

I like this tournament as it gives you a good look at the juniors from all clubs.

How good was Aitken? He looks to have picked up on his speed. I would put him ahead of Lafai any day of the week if Duges has 1 centre spot. Saints sure have some great depth in the centres that is for sure. They must find a spot for Aitken imo. To good to leave out.

V

Vasilevsky

To make it interesting they should add the ESL teams like they did ages ago.

I like this tournament as it gives you a good look at the juniors from all clubs.

How good was Aitken? He looks to have picked up on his speed. I would put him ahead of Lafai any day of the week if Duges has 1 centre spot. Saints sure have some great depth in the centres that is for sure. They must find a spot for Aitken imo. To good to leave out.

Absolutely. He seems to have gotten bigger and significantly faster. I guess that isn't a surprise given his age. He and Dugan will make an excellent centre pairing.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Absolutely. He seems to have gotten bigger and significantly faster. I guess that isn't a surprise given his age. He and Dugan will make an excellent centre pairing.

Aitken will probably play left wing at the very least. They will give lafai first crack, he was paraded around like a prized signing, so I don't think he will be thrown to the cutters just yet.

V

Vasilevsky

Aitken will probably play left wing at the very least. They will give lafai first crack, he was paraded around like a prized signing, so I don't think he will be thrown to the cutters just yet.

I agree with that but like Neilson, I don't think he is going to last long. I don't however agree with Aitken on the wing. Milne or YKG or Carr or maybe even Lafai. I'm not sure how quick he is. I think not especially quick.

bottle

Coach
Why not take it a step further and discontinue the regular competition? After all, there are much heavier collisions and more injuries resulting.

We could just give "coast_dragons" and "country_dragon" clubs and tell them to run out on Kogarah and beat each other over the head instead. No one cares if they are injured.

I would pay to watch that. And put "Bottle" and "Jubilee Boy" (god have mercy, that is a terrible username!:crazy:) on the interchange bench:cool:.

66262079.jpg

V

Vasilevsky

I'm sorry but is that supposed to be funny? FFS, please tell me you had that on your HD ready to go and didn't go to the trouble of searching for it or even worse, make it yourself.

Duges most recent interview summarises Mary's attitude to the 9s.

The season starts with the Charity Shield. Playing 9 aside does not constitute footy.

This explains team selection and to some extent the reason why we lost all three games.

Will anyone remember what happened at the 9s in September/October. Don't think so.

Lets judge the team performance when it comes together in Round 1.

Charity shield and Warriors trials will give us a better idea of our prospects this year.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I'm so confused. According to Nicky, there's NO BASIS to claim the mickey mouse competition will fold.

Straight Shooter

I can believe you are confused however, this is no different to those claiming our 9's performance was worthy of committing Hari-Kari due to our season being over, or their concerns about our U20's not cutting the mustard (The Sky Is Falling etc).
Take the 9's for all it's worth... An off-season comp and a bit of fun. I don't care if it stays or goes but it's better than no footy !
The Dugan and Mary are correct.

The Nick

Bench
I can believe you are confused however, this is no different to those claiming our 9's performance was worthy of committing Hari-Kari due to our season being over, or their concerns about our U20's not cutting the mustard (The Sky Is Falling etc).
Take the 9's for all it's worth... An off-season comp and a bit of fun. I don't care if it stays or goes but it's better than no footy !
The Dugan and Mary are correct.

Myself and Saints Forever were talking about 2 different things... OV has already owned on the subject.

Latest posts