What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

phantom eel

First Grade
Thing is it's not happening very fast, because these merkins are still going on about f**king safe standing for the RBB imbeciles!

The major sticking point for the Wanderers revolves around a safe standing zone for active supporter group Red and Black Bloc, trying to find a solution that doesn't impede rugby league fans.

"We need to get the right model so that they can be taken down for the rugby league season and the sight line isn't affected while another tenant is using it," Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas said.

TheRam

Coach
I hope sense shines through at the end of the day and there is no standing wank job areas in a state of the art facility for the 21 century.

What a waste if it were ever to happen. I know I would never fork out my hard earned to stand up all game and you can count out my girlfriend ever agreeing to such an experience or kids. Especially if we wanted to watch all three games.

Besides it only encourages heathen loutish behavior anyway, like the flare mob imbeciles. Why would you want to muck up our one and only chance to build it right for once.

No standing areas, 100% all round seating and all seats under total cover from the elements, with a high gradient to give better view and atmosphere and as close to the sideline as possible.

Can we please get it right for once. It ain't that freakin hard.

Gronk

Staff member
The SMH article ^^ says that the WSW only want up to 1,000 standing seats. Seems like a lot of fuss for only 1,000 fans. If they insist then I'm sure 1,000 seats can be found somewhere.

Attachments

• anz-stadium-2.jpg
    anz-stadium-2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
I hope sense shines through at the end of the day and there is no standing wank job areas in a state of the art facility for the 21 century.

i think the idea is to have removable seats so you can pull them out for wanderers games

the whole idea sounds odd to me why pay good money to see a game just to stand on hard concrete for hours on end?

Gronk

Staff member
i think the idea is to have removable seats so you can pull them out for wanderers games

the whole idea sounds odd to me why pay good money to see a game just to stand on hard concrete for hours on end?

Well you wouldn't understand, would you. IIRC they refer to themselves as "active supporters" and those who watch the game from a seat are "knitters".

You knitters will never get it....:roll:

Oscarman

Juniors
The SMH article ^^ says that the WSW only want up to 1,000 standing seats. Seems like a lot of fuss for only 1,000 fans. If they insist then I'm sure 1,000 seats can be found somewhere.

Out in the f**king carpark would be a good place for hem.

strider

Post Whore

its easier to secretly pull out your pyrotechnics when you are standing in the cover of a crowd

Suitman

Post Whore
why pay good money to see a game just to stand on hard concrete for hours on end?

Actually the German model, on which this is based, provides for very cheap tickets for standing areas, opening up the option for lower socio - demographic supporters to attend.
The Bundesliga, probably the second largest and popular football league in the world with sold out stadiums, has tickets as cheap as $15. This is opposed to the EPL, where fans are now starting to protest at the price of tickets due to the leach like operators of clubs. 77 pounds for a game at Anfield is becoming stupid.

What I think will happen is that flip up seats will be stadium wide. This gives the chance for those who want to stand can stand, and those who want to sit can sit.
Best of both worlds.

Suity.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well you wouldn't understand, would you. IIRC they refer to themselves as "active supporters" and those who watch the game from a seat are "knitters".

You knitters will never get it....:roll:

My Parra scarf isn't going to knit itself, merkin.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyone been to the Storm's new stadium? If so would we be happy with something similar to their stadium in design?

Suitman

Post Whore
Not every post Gaz. Starting to be like this other bloke. I think you maybe Maroubra Eel.

He's not as funny as Maroubra.

As for Melbourne's stadium. No. I don't want anything like that for the following reasons.

1. The roof, though architecturally nice, was a wank and a waste of many funds. It's not necessary to waste so much money on a curved roof.
2. Because of the roof, it would cost shit loads to increase the capacity of that stadium. Victory have already outgrown it. To upgrade it, would cost many more millions than it should. Ridiculous, but that's Melbourne.
3. The stadium needs to be as intimidating as possible.
That stadium just doesn't do it. Forget the safe standing aspect. That won't happen.
The stadium sides need to be as steep as possible so fans are as close as possible. The roof needs to be basic and as effective as possible, so rain days don't scare fans away.
Catering and toilet facilities need to be efficient. Access needs to be easy. Screens need to be large and seen by all. At least 2 of them.

There are plenty of stadiums in Europe that easily fill this criteria. Can we get this right? It remains to be seen.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member

As for Melbourne's stadium. No. I don't want anything like that for the following reasons.

1. The roof, though architecturally nice, was a wank and a waste of many funds. It's not necessary to waste so much money on a curved roof.
2. Because of the roof, it would cost shit loads to increase the capacity of that stadium. Victory have already outgrown it. To upgrade it, would cost many more millions than it should. Ridiculous, but that's Melbourne.
That stadium just doesn't do it. Forget the safe standing aspect. That won't happen.
The stadium sides need to be as steep as possible so fans are as close as possible. The roof needs to be basic and as effective as possible, so rain days don't scare fans away.
Catering and toilet facilities need to be efficient. Access needs to be easy. Screens need to be large and seen by all. At least 2 of them.

There are plenty of stadiums in Europe that easily fill this criteria. Can we get this right? It remains to be seen.

Suity

Plus light rail. Merkins need to have a stadium that is easy to get to and escape from. That's what Melbourne have on us. Add to that Gold Coast who built their stadium on the train line.

Suitman

Post Whore
Plus light rail. Merkins need to have a stadium that is easy to get to and escape from. That's what Melbourne have on us. Add to that Gold Coast who built their stadium on the train line.

lol at the Gold Coast comparison.
It's a shit of a place to get to.
Pirtek is close to the CBD. Walking distance. What more do you want?

Suity

Suity

100 % agree. Except for the 1000 fans standing.

forward pass

Coach
That's fine. It's not gonna happen anyway.
Flip up seats allow anyone to stand. That's the compromise IMO.

Suity

The problem with that is that everyone has to stand or no-one at all. Spectators standing at the front will obscure the views of patrons behind - although I realise with the RBB they will all stand.

Also - flip up seats are basically standard at all stadiums now aren't they?

But in fairness the difference here is that the Melbourne stadium is in the heart of Melbourne, close to CBD and can be seen prominently from many surrounding areas - it is basically part of the skyline so they really needed to do something pretty special with the roof.

I agree - we have no need for a fancy roof whatsoever.

Latest posts