What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cooper cronk

nrlnrl

First Grade
For those that haven't heard :

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...george-illawarra-dragons-20160212-gmshmn.html

Paul McGregor gives Benji Marshall two months to prove his worth to St George Illawarra Dragons

Date February 12, 2016 - 1:03PM

St George-Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has poured cold water on off-contract Melbourne star Cooper Cronk coming to the Dragons in 2017. But neither did he guarantee veteran No.7 Benji Marshall would be offered a new deal to stay in Wollongong, instead giving Marshall just two months to prove his worth.

The former Kiwi captain, second-rower Joel Thompson, co-captain Ben Creagh and hooker Mitch Rein are all without a club beyond this season, but with 21 players under contract for 2017, McGregor challenged all of them to have big starts to the new year. "We've got a very settled roster here. Going into 2017, we've got 21 players under contract out of 25, and three of our second tier out of six," McGregor said on Friday. "The only players off contract at the moment are Benji, Joel Thompson, Benny Creagh, and obviously Mitch Rein, who's our local junior. That'll work itself out over the first half of the season. "Them four guys are very high on my plans going forward and a lot will determine how we play in the first eight weeks of the competition."

McGregor also poured cold water on speculation regarding their pursuit of Melbourne star Cooper Cronk, who has a player option in his favour to remain in Storm colours next season. The Dragons were reported to have offered the Kangaroos representative a whopping $3.5 million deal over three years as a direct replacement for Marshall, however McGregor denied talks have even begun.

He also distanced the club from a rumoured player-swap with the Gold Coast Titans involving Peter Mata'utia and Josh Hoffman. "A ball's not even kicked in the 2016 season and we're talking about '17," he said. "To put a few rumours to rest, Cooper Cronk hasn't been spoken to by anyone at the club. That's that put to sleep. He's not coming.
"The other one with Josh Hoffman - that's news to me. I haven't heard that one, so that's fresh to me. There's no truth in that either."
AAP

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
The guy can barely string a coherent sentence together and he's our head coach.

It's unsurprising that we can't recruit anyone of note. Or attack on the field.

Straight Shooter

Yet he's still light years ahead of you in the football stakes. Must burn your high end arse !
Do yourself a favour and have a listen to Hasler, Barrett, Flanagan or Arthur.
What about Jack Gibson, Mal Meninga, Terry Fearnley or John Monie?
The great Wayne Bennett is hardly a talking book, so really, your slanted view doesn't really count for anything.
Not too many Toastmasters amongst them but thanks again for highlighting your hatred for the Dragons....fkn gobbler :roll:

Not too many Toastmasters amongst them but thanks again for highlighting your hatred for the Dragons....fkn gobbler :roll:

Oh no, no, no, no, no.

Not a hatred for the Dragons., just the weak links who damage the club - Mary, Doust et al.

The same can be said of you, an intellectual weak link on this forum.

Straight Shooter

duck

Juniors
In fairness to OV, I did hear that Cronk didn't want to come here because of McGregor's incorrect use of apostrophes in his game plans.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Whilst not originally a McGregor admirer I must admit he goes Ok and has surprised me with his open attitude and honesty.A breath of fresh air.Well done Paul.

bottle

Coach
The guy can barely string a coherent sentence together and he's our head coach.

It's unsurprising that we can't recruit anyone of note. Or attack on the field.

Straight Shooter

This. Plus he's a rookie coach and an old boy. A prominent Sydney liar has assured me that this is a recipe for disaster. What other club would appoint a rookie and an old boy and expect success? None of them.

Apart from Manly maybe. They appointed rookies in Hasler, Toovey and now Barrett of course, two of which were old boys, So ok, they've had a bit of success in the last decade, but that was a fluke. Ok, so it was a couple of Premmys and several more GF appearances, but which other club has had success taking this route? No other.

Except maybe the Dogs. Anderson, Folkes and Moore were old boys, with Folkes and Moore being rookies, whilst Anderson had ESL experinece. Sure, they scored a premmy under Folkes and Anderson, but did they with Moore? No, Therefore an abject failure of a strategy. Apart from Manly and the Dogs, what other club apart from us would appoint an old boy rookie coach and expect success? I ask you that.

Well, there was Newcastle with Hagan, and Gould with Penrith, and Easts won a premmy with a rookie coach in Stuart, and when Bennett took on the Donkeys it was his first solo gig, and sure he did ok with them. Oh, and Paul Green too.

However, apart from Brisbane, Cowboys, Manly, Dogs, Easts, Penrith and Newcastle, what have the Romans ever done for us?

GaryW

Juniors
this. Plus he's a rookie coach and an old boy. A prominent sydney liar has assured me that this is a recipe for disaster. What other club would appoint a rookie and an old boy and expect success? None of them.

Apart from manly maybe. They appointed rookies in hasler, toovey and now barrett of course, two of which were old boys, so ok, they've had a bit of success in the last decade, but that was a fluke. Ok, so it was a couple of premmys and several more gf appearances, but which other club has had success taking this route? No other.

Except maybe the dogs. Anderson, folkes and moore were old boys, with folkes and moore being rookies, whilst anderson had esl experinece. Sure, they scored a premmy under folkes and anderson, but did they with moore? No, therefore an abject failure of a strategy. Apart from manly and the dogs, what other club apart from us would appoint an old boy rookie coach and expect success? I ask you that.

Well, there was newcastle with hagan, and gould with penrith, and easts won a premmy with a rookie coach in stuart, and when bennett took on the donkeys it was his first solo gig, and sure he did ok with them. Oh, and paul green too.

However, apart from brisbane, cowboys, manly, dogs, easts, penrith and newcastle, what have the romans ever done for us?

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Ha! Game plans; what game plans?!

Straight Shooter

You wouldn't know a game plan if it hit you on the side of your ruddy complexioned, law clerk face and knocked your gimp mask askew.
However, that's another issue. The issue of game plan has been addressed and your blinkered view and hatred know no bounds.
Here's a few changes made in the off season that you probably wouldn't be aware of. Now, just to help you out....I'll write slowly so you can try and digest what these are to help increase your football knowledge.
- Jason Demetriou added to full time NRL Football Coaching Staff to assist with Ben Hornby and Dean Young.
- Tony Ayoub brings a wealth of experience to the Strength And Conditioning team to assist with player injuries, management and recovery.
- David Warwick is the new Recruitment Officer. He comes here after spending the last 12 years at Manly.
All of these appointments made by Mary, Doust and the Board should address your concerns and negate your terribly lop sided views and uneducated guessing.
Now go to GOOGLE and type in their names. A whole lot of items will come up on display relating to these people and their achievements. One time over the next few days if you are unable to log into World Of Warcraft, Fakelawyers.com or you've been banned from your favourite fetish site due to excessive spamming and offensive material, take a moment to read about these people, what they do and what they have achieved.
You may just be surprised at their skill sets and what they bring to our club. This might help increase your level of understanding about rugby league in general and the club we support.
Don't mention it mate....happy to help out and just want to help reduce the number of times you make yourself look silly :)

denis preston

First Grade
However, apart from Brisbane, Cowboys, Manly, Dogs, Easts, Penrith and Newcastle, what have the Romans ever done for us?[/QUOTE]

Classic Bottle Classic !!

Can't wait for us to string some wins together so this troll & his mates can go back into hibernation.

Latest posts