What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keary....no, please no

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Wheres he going to fit arnt we already certain of getting Reynolds and Cronk.....paleeeese where do all these rubbish rumours start....give it a break

grouch

First Grade
Wore the 7 until he hit first grade.

And you blokes are kidding, surely. If we can get Keary we absolutely should

TheRev

First Grade
There are many better judges of a half than me, but Keary imo, even playing behind a bunch of burgess boys is not the game-winning leader a top half should be.. and I think he will be way over-valued.

Reynolds however I have always rated, again though hes always had an amazing pack to play behind so I guess you never truly know.. if we play on the backfoot like we did against Souths last weekend, it doesnt matter which halves we have,

BennyV

Referee
I dont think Keary has been able to play his natural game since he hit NRL. He's a 7 who's been forced into playing 6 out of necessity, basically the reverse Benji. Hes very direct with a good passing and running game, and very creative. Would prefer Reynolds, but sure as hell wouldn't say no to Keary.

grouch

First Grade
He's more like a next Hornby to me - for the reason BennyV mentioned. He isnt afraid to run the ball, he plays direct, opens space for the men outside him and is creative enough to use them, plus he's a pretty robust feisty type with leadership qualities. Take him ahead of any of our halfbacks right now. Pretty stunned at the comments in this thread to be honest!

Fingerbang

Bench
I am another fan of Keary The halfback. I even reckon he would fit us better at halfback paired with Widdop, than Reynolds would.

The Nick

Bench
I wouldn't judge him on his recent performances for the Rabbitohs. I don't care what they say publicly, he can't be happy playing for a lunatic tyrant like Russell Crowe.

That bizarre incident at Russ' property has to have an affect on him.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I would prefer Keary for 2017 than Benji going around again! Also think he would be a good fit at halfback and runs straight with some zip factor.

southsport

First Grade
Keary's OK imo, I spoke to him at Maroubra beach training session recently, he's bulked up a bit and it looks like he'll be departing, chasing the $$$.