What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs to unleash a monster

Rsag85

Bench
Souths are set to unveil one of the best front-row prospects in years this season in Queenslander Sam Johnstone.

The Rabbitohs have flown the 18-year-old from Mackay under the radar since he signed late last year – but he is a man mountain at nearly 2m tall and 112 kilos – and is still growing.

He had five NRL clubs on his tail before signing with Souths – largely because he has supported the Bunnies all his life.

The Queensland under-18 prop has turned heads at Souths training and is definitely one to watch this year.

Article from RLW

handyman2190

Bench
He is very young, i dont believe we will see him this year a young david klemmer style he will be good in 2 years

alien

Referee
He is very young, i dont believe we will see him this year a young david klemmer style he will be good in 2 years

yeah he has a contract with the under 20s squad. i wouldn't mind seeing him get a run in the trial against the titans though

Ttime

Juniors
yeah he has a contract with the under 20s squad. i wouldn't mind seeing him get a run in the trial against the titans though

He's a baby. The last thing you want to do is unleash him against a bunch of men. They'll destroy him,
Need to nurture a kid like this. If he handles the NYC with ease then bump him into the NSW cup.

Matrix

Juniors

Hes playing sg ball at the moment,I wouldnt want him anywhere near 1st grade this year or probably next.Remember Adam Ritson,props 19 or under should not be in 1st grade,imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal

No chance.

He isn't ready.

Madge is taking a smaller line up to the Gold Coast of our best players.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He's a baby. The last thing you want to do is unleash him against a bunch of men. They'll destroy him,
Need to nurture a kid like this. If he handles the NYC with ease then bump him into the NSW cup.

Correct.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Baby steps maybe a few games against men in the NSW Cup

Yeah I think you're right.

Towards the end of the season give him a few games in the NSW Cup.

At first I thought play him for the second half of this season with the Bears. But that'd be too soon.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hes playing sg ball at the moment,I wouldnt want him anywhere near 1st grade this year or probably next.Remember Adam Ritson,props 19 or under should not be in 1st grade,imo.

Matt King is his coach:cool:

We beat Roosters 44-10 in that.

Anyone know how he went????

Rsag85

Bench
Yeah I think you're right.

Towards the end of the season give him a few games in the NSW Cup.

At first I thought play him for the second half of this season with the Bears. But that'd be too soon.

Just like they did with Zane Musgrove.

alien

Referee

yeah i do. it's just that he is so big already. i thought just 10 mins in the trial game would be interesting to see how he goes. he is a monster and looks like a young kane from the wwe, lol

Latest posts