What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

phantom eel

First Grade
Good point, forgot about Gower!

He should get picked above Tepai (and Alvaro) imo, since Gower can play wide, middle and up front, and did it well last year.

Watmough might not be fully fit, so important we go into round one with a bench that can cover his spot.

hybrideel

Bench
I didn't see who wrote the article to begin with but as soon as i read "the Eels were also no longer forced to accommodate him" i thought this has the be Pou.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hamstring Still A Concern For Eels Foran
Parramatta star Kieran Foran has revealed a re-occurring hamstring injury has hampered his preparations for the new NRL season
Tags: Parramatta Eels

Parramatta star Kieran Foran has revealed a re-occurring hamstring injury has hampered his preparations for the new NRL season.

The new Eels skipper had a quiet club debut in Saturday's trial win over Penrith, largely deferring to his teammates before bowing out on the hour-mark.

The 25-year-old later explained that his scratchy showing was due to a troubled summer.

"Myself, I've been in and out of training with a hamstring injury so I haven't been training with the boys at all apart from this week," he said.

"In terms of the side that went out there (on Saturday), we've had limited time to prepare and it probably looked like that."

Foran battled the same hamstring issue at different stages of his final season with Manly in 2015, but stressed it was unlikely to keep him from leading the team out in round one.

"I'm on top of everything. The body's feeling really good so fingers crossed I can have an injury-free year," he said.

Halves partner and Auckland Nines hero Corey Norman continued his scintillating start to the year, setting up two of his sides four tries against the Panthers.

But as for linking with Foran, the former Manly five-eighth said the combination needed time to gel.

"We give ourselves two weeks now leading into round one, clicking and combinations gelling, but it'll take time," he said.

"There's a lot of new players here. As long as our attitude's right now and our defensive effort's there we'll be happy."

The Eels open the NRL season against Brisbane on March 3.]

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...mstring-injury-concern-for-eels-kieran-foran/

Lucky we've got the product

^b0ss^

Juniors
hopefully the hamstring stay strong even though the attack was alitte off in the trial his D was great.

Basil Brush

Juniors
That sucks about Foran and his hammy.

From what i know (which isn't much), hamstrings rarely naturally heal.

You almost have to go under the knife and even that isn't guaranteed.

*sigh* why do i keep falling for clickbait bullshit like this...

12 Parramatta Eels

Another tumultuous off-season for a side seemingly allergic to success.
Parramatta won the race to secure the signature of talented Kiwi halfback Kieran Foran, only to discover the contract negotiated by then CEO Scott Seward had more loopholes than a fishing knot.

And despite the Parramatta boardroom having the stability of a Jenga tower, Foran decided to leave the ethical acrobatics to his Manly halves partner, and honoured his deal with the Blue and Gold.

Foran has benefitted from playing in a backline littered with representative stars during his time on the Northern beaches, so it will be worth monitoring how he performs with the added pressure of being the key playmaker. Parramatta fans will have their fingers crossed we do not see a repeat of the Adam Dykes experience.

The poaching of Michael Jennings from the Roosters was another outstanding signing by Parramatta. Still only 27 years old and at the top of his game, Jennings will team with Semi Radradra to create a damaging left edge combination. Outside of Foran and Jennings, Parramatta have displayed an obvious recruitment tactic.

Experienced campaigners Beau Scott and Michael Gordon join weathered warhorse Anthony Watmough to create a core group of players who should serve as excellent mentors to the richly talented youngsters already on the roster. Durability remains a key concern however, as the abovementioned trio along with other key squad members Nathan Peats and Clinton Gutherson all have chequered injury histories.

After several years of ghastly recruitment (think Chris Sandow and Ricky Stuart), Parramatta finally have the talent, experience and leadership to make a legitimate push for the bottom half of the top 8 in 2016.​
Predicted finish – 11th

http://thesportport.com.au/2016/02/22/nrl-contenders-and-pretenders-part-2-2/

he talks about all our good signings but he thinks we will only finish one spot higher than last year?
here's a laugh for you he picked manly as minor premiers

Last edited: