What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noise

Coach
I hate the 17 other teams. Some more so than others. As Avenger said, second teams are lame. In saying that I love league and will watch most other games no matter who is playing.

Kornstar

Coach
I watch all games every weekend. I even iQ non Eels games if I'm out.

I just enjoy watching the game and it is nice not to have the attachment to a game that i do to the Eels games, as Eels games are quite stressful for me.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I guess it shows that the product of Rugby league is $hit to most supporters if you can only take an interest in your own team. I have said it for a while its the 5 step shuffle and become a game of forcemens back. Kick tackle chase.
Bring back free flowing rugby league and people will watch more games!!!

Nah not really. The NRL is the best Rugby League code in the world. Rugby League in this country is awesome, the reason I'm not as interested in other games is because I have no emotional attachment to the other teams. If the game was more "free-flowing" I'd still have exactly the same opinion. When watching the 9's over the past 3 years I still was only interested in the Eels games, sure I watched the others but I struggled to watch the full 18 minutes because I couldn't have cared less who won.

I reckon my response is no different to any other code's supporters. Ask a Wanderers fan if they'll watch a Glory game and be interested in it, ask a Packers fan if they'll watch a 49er's game and be interested in it.

Fanbase

Juniors
no wonder so many of you have such a narrow view and understadning of rugby league when you don't even watch other teams play. talk about narrow minded. Rugby League supporters? nah just team supporters.

The Colonel

Immortal
I used to watch every game, every weekend religiously. If they played an old game I would watch it. The standard of refereeing has really left me frustrated with rugby league at times and probably our lack of success for the past few seasons as well. I wait for the start of this season with an anticipation I haven't felt for quite a few years - 2007 was probably the last season I couldn't wait to have start. I hope to regain some interest in the season ahead this year. My wife and kids will probably feel otherwise. Living eight or so hours away probably hasn't helped either.

Avenger

Immortal
When are you coming back to Sydney, C? I owe you plenty of apologies and plenty of beers.

hindy111

Post Whore
I watch every Parra game
I watch 60% of penrith games
I watch others if i am bored or its a big game.

NFL i am a phili fan- I have no emotional attachment to any club bar parra. I still can watch atleast 14/16 NFL games and have an interest in the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I just enjoy watching the game and it is nice not to have the attachment to a game that i do to the Eels games, as Eels games are quite stressful for me.
Thats pretty much me as well, watch at many games as I can Normally.

Utey

Coach
I guess it shows that the product of Rugby league is $hit to most supporters if you can only take an interest in your own team. I have said it for a while its the 5 step shuffle and become a game of forcemens back. Kick tackle chase.
Bring back free flowing rugby league and people will watch more games!!!

It also comes down to the lifestyles we live and the amount of free time we have.

Utey

Coach
I love the game, I played it when I was younger, lived and breathed it for a long time but like others, struggle to watch any games bar ones that Parra is in and Origin. As per Colonel, the refereeing and some of the governance has made it hard to watch at times both on and off the field.

Johnny88

Juniors

Me too, I watch as much as I can. I agree about watching non eel games there isn't as much stress. :D I like seeing how Ricky is going at the raiders, Would be nice to see Manly and Canterbury lose a few more games this season :lol:

Kornstar

Coach
Thats pretty much me as well, watch at many games as I can Normally.

Me too, I watch as much as I can. I agree about watching non eel games there isn't as much stress. :D I like seeing how Ricky is going at the raiders, Would be nice to see Manly and Canterbury lose a few more games this season :lol:

I LOVE watching Melbourne lose, unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough but the times they do makes me way too happy.

I have an unnatural hatred for them.

Whilst I enjoy watching Manly and the Dogs lose, seeing Melbourne beaten is extremely satisfying for me......

Mickyd39

Juniors
I LOVE watching Melbourne lose, unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough but the times they do makes me way too happy.

I have an unnatural hatred for them.

Whilst I enjoy watching Manly and the Dogs lose, seeing Melbourne beaten is extremely satisfying for me......

this.

i have a pure hatred for those cheating f**king merkins.

Kornstar

Coach
this.

i have a pure hatred for those cheating f**king merkins.

No matter how more mature and levelheaded people want to spin it, on that night they ruined something very important for us and our club and greats like Hindmarsh, Fui, Hayne etc.

Not only do they get a leg up in most games it turns out they cheated the cap worse than it has ever been and we were the victims that night!

I think I can only start to get over it if/when we win a premiership.

Mickyd39

Juniors
No matter how more mature and levelheaded people want to spin it, on that night they ruined something very important for us and our club and greats like Hindmarsh, Fui, Hayne etc.

Not only do they get a leg up in most games it turns out they cheated the cap worse than it has ever been and we were the victims that night!

I can not disagree with a single word you've said.

I don't care what team beats those cheating merkins, i just love seeing them get beat.

It's a hard one to get over considering the run we had to make to get into GF and then to find out we got beat by a bunch of cheating merkins. heartbreaking.

Even now just typing about it makes angry as f*ck.

El Diablo

Post Whore

they ruined it for all clubs, not just us

Kornstar

Coach
I can not disagree with a single word you've said.

I don't care what team beats those cheating merkins, i just love seeing them get beat.

It's a hard one to get over considering the run we had to make to get into GF and then to find out we got beat by a bunch of cheating merkins. heartbreaking.

Even now just typing about it makes angry as f*ck.

Yep, makes me angry too.

I'm all for not being handed the premiership from 09 by the way but the argument is always because other teams could have made it and beaten us. So with that in mind they should probably strip the Broncos and Manly of their premierships because if the Storm didn't cheat someone else could have played those winners and beat them.

Which funnily enough could have been us too :lol:

Kornstar

Coach
they ruined it for all clubs, not just us

People like you always miss the point though........I DON'T GIVE A f**k ABOUT THE OTHER CLUBS, I DO NOT HAVE ANY PASSION FOR THEM!!!!!! I WAS AT THE GAME AND I WAS SHATTERED AFTER WE LOST!

Finding out they cheated afterwards hurts me.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.

I enjoy watching the Storm lose. But I'm f**ked if I'm gonna waste too much energy hating them at other times. Gotta let go at some point (but not while Cameron Smith is in camera shot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts