What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
People are always very keen to jump in to defend the females in these case (or maybe its better to say, call a dickhead guy out) ... and thats cool .... but no one really knows how each situation is and maybe there's more to things than meets the eye

I think it goes further than that. People are very keen to make their mind up either way, based on 2/3 of 4/5th of f**k all percent of the relevant evidence.

Judges have been known to look at compelling evidence as well and come up with a judgement that leaves you questioning whether they actually looked at it at all. Money to pay for better representation often helps. Not suggesting this is the case in this instance either. Domestic violence often leaves the victim looking like the perpetrator..... Hard to prove when the victim is often abused in private and with no other evidence other than their word against another.

Judges have been known to look at compelling evidence as well and come up with a judgement that leaves you questioning whether they actually looked at it at all. .

Well, I'm sure that happens sometimes, but the average 'head scratcher' often reflects the public's opinion based a journalists reporting of a decision, which frequently omits half the argument, half the law upon which the decision is based, and half the evidence, and is aimed at selling papers by stirring people up.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well, I'm sure that happens sometimes, but the average 'head scratcher' often reflects the public's opinion based a journalists reporting of a decision, which frequently omits half the argument, half the law upon which the decision is based, and half the evidence, and is aimed at selling papers by stirring people up.

Don't disagree. Two sides to every story. She sounds like a piece of work herself. If it wasn't an NRL player involved it probably wouldn't have received any of the attention it has unless murder was the end result.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'll go with barry's explanation ... we dont know diddly

Yeh, it's pretty tough. Though I don't necessarily disagree with the gist of what The Colonel is saying.

There are no winners in any of this.

Rarely any winners in any of these situations. DV is seriously a highly emotional issue in the media at the moment. It can be used by the 'victim' which is what it seems to have happened in this case but another victim can also cop more interrogation than the accused because of these situations.

Canberra are my second team based on the fact that my brother is a supporter so I spent years watching their games with him.

Apart from that, I like seeing teams who are important to the comp go well. The Cowboys and Warriors, mainly and, yes, the Storm. We need these teams to do well so that rugby league does well. When Perth and Brisbane2 come in I will be wishing them all the best.

All of that, however, is only dependent on Parramatta winning. Really, that's the only thing that matters.

Basil Brush

Juniors
I work with a kiwi and he is a massive union fan.

I said "isnt everyone in nz just a union fan" and he told me"the warriors are actually massive in nz, especially being a 1 country team as opposed to union having 5 teams"

T.S Quint

Coach
I LOVE watching Melbourne lose, unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough but the times they do makes me way too happy.

I have an unnatural hatred for them.

Whilst I enjoy watching Manly and the Dogs lose, seeing Melbourne beaten is extremely satisfying for me......

I hate Melbourne....but it's very hard to overtake 30 years of blind hatred.
Canterbury are easily my most hated team by far.
I actually cheer the Storm when they play against them. Literally. In that GF they played against each other a few years ago I was jumping up and cheering every single Storn try.

Gronk

Staff member
Your friend and mine Matty Johns has predicted us to finish 11th

PARRAMATTA’S Auckland Nines win was a nice tonic to start the season and it’s clear this team will improve, it’s just a matter of how much? Like Manly and the Warriors, Parramatta have recruited brilliantly.

If I had to pick one player in the NRL to play for my life it would be Kieran Foran. Kieran is one of the game’s toughest competitors, very talented and no playmaker plays straighter.

But this move is a big challenge for Foran because he is now the central playmaker. At Manly, while he played his fair share of first receiver, essentially he was like a traditional No.6, with DCE mostly pushing the side around the park. Kieran complemented Daly’s work, either with ball playing or as a runner of the football.

Even in these days of No.7s and No.6s splitting and playing right or left side, there remains a chief ball handler and Foran is now that for the Eels. Corey Norman was fabulous in the Nines and will be crucial in taking creative pressure off Foran. For Kieran to be the player Parra hope him to be, a strong and creative deputy is essential.

The buy of Beau Scott is a beauty. He’ll show the young Eels forwards what consistency is all about. Michael Gordon is a proven performer and a goalkicker who’ll kick at close enough to 90 per cent.

Clint Gutherson and Cameron King are very good young footballers. Gutherson’s versatility and talent are pluses for the backline, while King is an explosive dummy-half who just needs a year without injury.

The late pick-up of Michael Jennings is the icing on the cake. Jennings is still one of the most elusive players in rugby league and will give Parramatta that much-needed attacking reliability when a big play is needed.

The Eels lack depth up front and that really concerns me. Regardless of the attacking talent, you need your front row to dominate the middle third of the field.

The Eels will undoubtedly improve, but so will a number of sides who missed the eight last year. While the Eels will have some great moments, they are still in the process of building the squad.

MY TIP: 11TH

New Parramatta Eels signing Michael Jennings talks to Tim Mannah and Michael Gordon.
BEST 13

1 Michael Gordon 2 Semi Radradra 3 Michael Jennings 4 Brad Takairangi 5 Clinton Gutherson 6 Corey Norman 7 Kieran Foran 8 Danny Wicks 9 Nathan Peats 10 Tim Mannah 11 Manu Ma’u 12 Beau Scott 13 Anthony Watmough. Interchange: 14 David Gower 15 Tepai Moeroa 16 Isaac De Gois 17 Kenny Edwards.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...2f4e5a964249ac1de9748b695c2&memtype=anonymous

hindy111

Post Whore
I can see why people have tipped us not to make the 8. On paper Brisbane and the cowboys are standouts.
I reckon after that every team is quite equal bar titans-knights-tigers. And other then Titans the other two will be competetive.
Injuries -goal kicking -ref calls - origin period will decide most of the others

Utey

Coach
It's all dependent on injuries and a bit of luck. Don't buy in to this forecast, predict the future sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.