What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine sports boss Tom Malone kicks off rugby league ratings war with Fox Sports

cleary89

Coach
I've done it. I feel so dirty. Just signed up for the 2 week trial of foxtel play. Please dont hate me because I hate myself already.

beave

Coach
I've done it. I feel so dirty. Just signed up for the 2 week trial of foxtel play. Please dont hate me because I hate myself already.

I'm in the states til the end of march.

I signed up to one months online subscription to foxsoccer2go so I can watch some footy.

If you think you feel dirty mate, I may as well have gone down on Gina Rinehart at Broncos Leagues club.....

thorson1987

Coach

I signed up to one months online subscription to foxsoccer2go so I can watch some footy.

If you think you feel dirty mate, I may as well have gone down on Gina Rinehart at Broncos Leagues club.....

Would that win the war though?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Feeling for any poor sucker watching Ch9.....

I don't disagree with you but I think FTA will always be an option for the tight ass less serious fan.

Also some of my mates earn good coin but their missus puts their foot down and refuse to allow them Fox ...

flippikat

Bench
What numpty have 9 got commentating tonight, anyway?? Just asking out of curiosity...

Oh, and looking forward to the dedicated channel next year. Hopefully Sky carry that too.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Are Fox really calling from Parra Stadium? Sounds like they are in a booth calling from the TV.

steeden.

Juniors
What numpty have 9 got commentating tonight, anyway?? Just asking out of curiosity...

Rabs, Sterlo, Gus, and Freddy on the sideline. Rabs has had a few errors - Corey Oates' second try (?), confusing Kahu and Roberts, etc

cleary89

Coach

I've had one of those "is that the truth or is your news ltd?" stickers on my car for years. Honestly it feels dirty.

flippikat

Bench
Rabs, Sterlo, Gus, and Freddy on the sideline. Rabs has had a few errors - Corey Oates' second try (?), confusing Kahu and Roberts, etc

Bringing their A-game, huh?

BWAHAHAHAHA! :)

A shame that Sterlo has split loyalties. He's too astute to be part of that cast of idiots.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors

Sterlo is hosting. Joey is in the box with Rabs and Gus. Yvonne is reporting from downstairs too

adamkungl

Immortal
Nines commentary was a solid -1 out of 20000 tonight. At one point Gus and Rabs were complementing each other on their colognes or some garbage. Rabs did the usual say any black player's name when one gets the ball and hope for the best. Even Sterlo stumbled through the night. First round jitters for him but we know Rabs and Gus will only get worse from here.

roofromoz

First Grade
Could be worse - it could be Brad McNamara who is head of rugby league at Nein, and would say something like Matt Moylan would be working at Hungry Jacks if it wasn't for the money that Nein poured into the game.

undertaker

Coach
Could be worse - it could be Brad McNamara who is head of rugby league at Nein, and would say something like Matt Moylan would be working at Hungry Jacks if it wasn't for the money that Nein poured into the game.

ay, be careful!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/feb/13/channel-nine-destroying-cricket-legacy

On both occasions McNamara cheerfully volunteered the information that he has a Google Alert set to email him any time the internet mentions his name.

Good old Brad is going to be after you now!

undertaker

Coach
So Fatty is calling the game tomorrow. The best ad for Fox Sports you could get

Do you remember ARL 96 on Sega? Loved it when Fatty would appear in a small box in the top corner with some quirky saying like "Give him a triple!"

Maybe Ch9 need to do that in tomorrow night's telecast during the game (especially since Manly are playing), like when the ball goes out of play into touch or just before unpacking the scrum. They'd get far better value for their money rather than having Fatty in the commentary box (he hasn't been a full-time commentator since he was replaced by Gus Gould in 2006).

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting tonight Fox was calling off Ch 9s graphics. Didnt help the fact there was no tackle count displayed. Well done 9. :roll: