What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Parra Pride

Coach
You keep trying to push this bullshit "but he can defend" angle, when he was one of the worst defensively on our side last night, and the tries came down his side of the field. There was absolutely zero upside to his game last night, but keep spewing bullshit trying to justify his inclusion.

Rhyno

First Grade
Good effort

Were never going to be allowed to win.

At least I had a good win on the pokies after the game

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You keep trying to push this bullshit "but he can defend" angle, when he was one of the worst defensively on our side last night, and the tries came down his side of the field.

They also came down Gutherson and Takairangi's side of the field. That happens to be the side Milford, Glenn, Kahu and Oates were on.

And I agree he was our worst defender - the halfback usually is. How much worse must Cornish be?

There was absolutely zero upside to his game last night, but keep spewing bullshit trying to justify his inclusion.

You keep trying to blame a backup player for the loss. I'm just explaining to you why he played and why his performance isn't proof that some other backup would have gone better.

But if you don't want to understand why he played then you won't. You'll just stay angry and confused and lash out at merkins on the internet. I hope it makes you feel better because nothing will improve your understanding of the game.

yy_cheng

Coach
And if his job was just to run and kick we should've kept Sandow.

So maybe there's a middle ground? Is there a bare minimum of defence you need from a halfback? Clearly Brad Arthur thinks so.

So as u say he was our worse defender. As good as a half back. But his kicking and defence was also bad.

So u agree that peats would've been a better option as his defence is better than a half-backs and he will kick and pass better than kelly

Parra47

Juniors
First up loss, nothing to get stressed about. Foran will make a big difference. Issues to fix obviously our right side defence. Taka was pretty poor and his positioning pulled Gutherson in off his wing. Kelly as expected was poor in both attack and he was part of our right hand defence. If Foran is still not right I hope we see Cornish next week. Not sure how good or bad he is in defence but he'd be a damn sight better in attack if he's given a chance to find his feet in the team.
I have a lot of belief in BA as our coach but he does seem to have a bit of a soft spot for kelly that might come from their old Melbourne days.
But again, nothing to panic about, its a long season. Bring on next week groovers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He missed two, only two players who missed more were Paulo and Moeroa with three each. The big difference being both of those guys were a f**k ton better when it came to attack.
Nah mate Junior is dreadful in defence that's why we are pissing the useless prick off.

Kelly missed just two tackles, he was somply outstanding.

We won't mention every time he touched the ball in the Broncos half he absolutely shit his pants and cost us an untold amount of attacking chances. We won't worry about that because stats that are all that matter.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Foran into the squad alone will make a huge difference to our right side defence

They also came down Gutherson and Takairangi's side of the field. That happens to be the side Milford, Glenn, Kahu and Oates were on.

And I agree he was our worst defender - the halfback usually is. How much worse must Cornish be?

You keep trying to blame a backup player for the loss. I'm just explaining to you why he played and why his performance isn't proof that some other backup would have gone better.

But if you don't want to understand why he played then you won't. You'll just stay angry and confused and lash out at merkins on the internet. I hope it makes you feel better because nothing will improve your understanding of the game.

The funny thing is that you THINK you have an understanding For everything.

Malabar Eel

Juniors
ffs why do we persist with Jennings when we have Morgs on the roster :crazy:

Morgs has so much more potential. Cmon ffs BA, release the real `product'! Morgs would have ripped Oates a new one last night.

ffs, I fear our season is over already :x if only we'd kept Kearney....f$%kn board:crazy:

EelsFan05

Bench
Tough loss to a very good team. We were missing our starting halves and had brand new centre and wing combinations. The forwards competed well in the middle, but I still think Watmough has something to add as far as line speed and aggression. Kelly is below average at the best of times, and was well out of how depth as the primary ball player. Bigs wraps to Mau and Edwards who always looked likely. Gordon has to back up these blokes wherever possible.

We lost by 13 to a well coached team that wont lose many this year. The Broncos are calm in defence and patient in attack.

Snoochies

First Grade
Good effort

Were never going to be allowed to win.

At least I had a good win on the pokies after the game

Yep, we weren't tipped to win with a full strength team either. We limited the Broncs to 3 points in the second half, had we had our halves, our attack improves and we put a few more points on the board, game changes completely.
25 games to go, maybe good to play the best teams in the comp now and set a standard.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Scott was a positive. I questioned his signing on top of the Watmough one. But if he plays like that every week we have an excellent signing on our hands.

Our pack more then matched theirs our halves and right aside defence was the big difference.

You have to beat the Broncos they won't beat themselves, they only do enough to win, boring as batshit but hey it wins games.

Far Canal

Juniors
Actually aside from Kelly who is juts a poor mans poor mans poor mans excuse for a half back .......I thought our right side defence /attack combination was shitehouse (yes Gutherson scored but it was a gimmee) ......maybe BA should reunite Taka and Radradra...

Kornstar

Coach
Effort was there. Few lapses into the old Eels in defence but definitely an improvement. Scott adds plenty!

I still think we will lose the next 2 games for sure and I real possibility the game on Easter Monday too.

We'll be 0-4 and we will pick up from there.

Unless of course Norman or Foran are out for long periods.