What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Benji next year

The Nick

Bench
I'm really getting sick of reading and hearing about Benji. There is no "I" in team but there sure is in the name Benji and also Media. Back to Tigers is probably the ideal scenario before a job on Fox beckons.

That's the nature of the business these days. And I think you're comments towards Benji are pretty harsh, since joining the Dragons he's been the ultimate club man. He has made it clear his preference is to stay but looks like he has no choice but to look at his options. Can't begrudge him for that.

Coffs dragon

Bench
That's the nature of the business these days. And I think you're comments towards Benji are pretty harsh, since joining the Dragons he's been the ultimate club man. He has made it clear his preference is to stay but looks like he has no choice but to look at his options. Can't begrudge him for that.

He was signed to our club for 2 & a half years to do a job. He has done that and still has a season remaining to either finish in style or move on. I do feel the club will make the right call.

Maybe it's a good thing. His biggest supporter in here can follow him

His biggest supporter is clearly a Dragons supporter.

Please desist with this ludicrous "so-called supporter" line. You simply look foolish.

Straight Shooter

*I'm not Vas but I hold his contributions with high regard. I'd go so far as to say he's intellectually my equal, maybe even smarter. Very refreshing.

duck

Juniors

Please desist with this ludicrous "so-called supporter" line. You simply look foolish.

Straight Shooter

*I'm not Vas but I hold his contributions with high regard. I'd go so far as to say he's intellectually my equal, maybe even smarter. Very refreshing.
Haha.

People like yourself make me laugh. Trying to convince others of your intelligence is like the teenager that tells anyone that will listen how drunk he was on Friday night.

Nobody. Cares.

fwiw, I don't believe you and Vas are the same person. You, for all your faults, write intelligibly and can construct a sentence. Vas thought 'merkin' was an adjective.

St Georgio

Juniors
You are not a true Dragon supporter if you are here to bag our best, f**k off the eels, dogs , rorters whoever you jerk off too.

I dont want cooper c**k or keary or felgy..respect what we have or join the telecrap or the bookies!

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach

Straight Shooter

O'h dear stuck on the first rung and too frightened to climb the ladder by there look of it.

BennyV

Referee

Straight Shooter

I wholeheartedly support the notion that Vasilevsky is intellectually superior to you. It's a low bar, but Vas comes out on top!

rasaint

Juniors
Anyway back to talking about our dragons.

I am a supporter of Luke Keary but not $800k. That is way overs. $600k tops. I would grab Benji for another season if $500 k is the ask. He is still top notch and so talented. This year he will be throwing passes to Lafai and Dugan. He will be very good. Try's will come.

Did anyone watch the $1.1 million man last night? Cherry is good but you need the other cattle around you. He couldn't do much last night. Now Benji this year and next (if signed ) will have ' better cattle' around him. Sign him up and another thing he is happy with us.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

I am a supporter of Luke Keary but not $800k. That is way overs. $600k tops. I would grab Benji for another season if $500 k is the ask. He is still top notch and so talented. This year he will be throwing passes to Lafai and Dugan. He will be very good. Try's will come.

Did anyone watch the $1.1 million man last night? Cherry is good but you need the other cattle around you. He couldn't do much last night. Now Benji this year and next (if signed ) will have ' better cattle' around him. Sign him up and another thing he is happy with us.

Good post and I tend to agree with what you say.
It seems that a decent half will command well in excess of $600k. Keary at $800k is too much.
Let's give Benji 6 weeks and see what he delivers. If it's any good, give him another year and pay him $500k with the promise of a Dragons Ambassador role afterwards.
Being on the cheaper side, it will help with our cap and squad balance for future signings.

The Nick

Bench

I agree. I was in favour of snagging Keary on the assumption he would add more value for money but at $800k that's not likely.

Not sure about $800k on the open market but if that's what his manager is chasing then good luck to him.

TruSaint

Referee

Excellent post...
well said mate.

Minh

First Grade

Great knowledgeable post....

BLM01

First Grade
Good post and I tend to agree with what you say.
It seems that a decent half will command well in excess of $600k. Keary at $800k is too much.
Let's give Benji 6 weeks and see what he delivers. If it's any good, give him another year and pay him $500k with the promise of a Dragons Ambassador role afterwards.
Being on the cheaper side, it will help with our cap and squad balance for future signings.
Too late for Benj. Lock in Elgey for 17