What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Bulldogs

betcats

Referee
I would be cautious with him but of course our odds change with him he makes as much more sound defensively for one.

mxlegend99

Referee
These 2 points seem to contradict each other though - He won't get match fit without playing games - If he's fit, play him IMO
How do they contradict each other? If he's only a possibility on game day at playing he probably isn't 100%. Just waiting one more game gives him an extra 10 days. If hes 90% tonight. He might be 100% next week and less likely to reinjure himself. His limited preseason means he's likely going to be rusty so theres less reward in risking injury to him again.

It's not doing him any favours to play if he's less than 100% either.

betcats

Referee
He only got cleared to run on Tuesday griffin said so it would seem like a risk to play him 2 days later, I'm with mx here.

mxlegend99

Referee
As much as I am not a Smith fan. Why shuffle half the team to fit a player in on game day? I like Blake and i want him to succeed. But he's average on the wing and would probably be worse than Smith as a fullback.

Does this mean Moylan might be out longer than Round 3 or 4? Big changes like this for one or two matches seems like something a coach would usually avoid.

Also hope Hiku goes to fullback. After reading the article about DWZ and his recovery I am not confident in his ability to cover such an important and involved role just yet.

mxlegend99

Referee
Man. Just stick with the same 1-6 tonight and give our guys 10 more days for however we choose to fit Whare in. That's a huge difference in preparation time. We are coming off a 5 day turnaround and shuffling half our backline game day?

Seems crazy.

Edit
Also dropping JFH after one game? He wasnt good or bad. Deserves another shot. I'd still drop Sam Mckendry before anyone else. He's the guy who contributes the least. So it's low risk to drop him.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I love how through the week they interviewed Cartwright and JFH and both talked up how they want to step up against the Bulldogs pack.

Game day we drop one of them and the other is benched. Probably a good thing for them both. Eastwood would probably injured them in some dodgy tackle that is somehow legal and we wouldn't see them again until 2017.

mxlegend99

Referee
Under 20s side think they're playing cricket. Running up quiet the score. Currently 46 nil with plenty of time for 50 or even 60.

Latest posts