What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 Vs Titans

Tigerm

First Grade
1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Jordan Rankin
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Dene Halatau
10. Tim Grant
11. Kyle Lovett
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Sauaso Sue

Interchange:
14. Jack Buchanan
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ava Seumanufagai
17. Manaia Cherrington
18. Michael Chee-Kam

Tiger05

First Grade
Sironen looks to be injured again. We really need him to step up and for that to happen we need him on the field.

Its unfortunate that he is injured but realistically how much longer do we persist with this underachiever,people have mentioned how well he played in round 1 but in reality he only did what was expected of any back rower.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ugh Lovett starting in the back row.

Rankin still on the wing.

The side is confident, good time to make some changes
5 - Addo Carr
9 - Cherrington
11 - Chee Kam

14 - Halatau
15 - Rankin

Obviously the bench is weak, but it's passable while the weather is still warm.

BrotherJim05

Bench
ugh Lovett starting in the back row.

Rankin still on the wing.

The side is confident, good time to make some changes
5 - Addo Carr
9 - Cherrington
11 - Chee Kam

14 - Halatau
15 - Rankin

Obviously the bench is weak, but it's passable while the weather is still warm.

It's one of those, if it ain't broke don't fix it moments but given our track record of leaking points so far a loss is only around the corner (just being realistic).

Halatau and Cherrington are obvious choices but don't know if this is the time for AC to debut. Not saying Rankin is a world beater but I think Addo Carr might be a liability at the moment.

As for Chee Kam, I thought he had been training at centre?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Rankin was better this week than Round 1... Backs going well so retain him..

Not sure about Cherrington... Got ran over a couple of times... He is not in the best 17 for mine when Farah and Ballin are available...

Would like to see Chee Kam get a run off the bench this week... Anyone see how he went last week in NSW Cup?

As for Chee Kam, I thought he had been training at centre?
He was listed to play in the centre in reserves last week in which the team got a hiding from the Warriors.

This week the reserves are playing on Saturday afternoon so he misses out on a game.

The reserves this week.

1 WATSON HELETA
2 JOSH ADDO-CARR
3 NATHAN MILONE
4 CHANCE PENI
5 JAYDEN WHEELHOUSE
6 JACK LITTLEJOHN
7 JOSH DRINKWATER
8 JORDAN GRANT
9 JACOB LIDDLE
10 DALLAS GRAHAM
11 TYLER CASSEL
12 ASIPELI FINE ©
13 ROD GRIFFIN
14 JEREMY MARSHALL-KING
15 JESSE PARAHI
16 JOEL EDWARDS
17 LAMAR LIOLEVAVE
18 WESLEY LOLO

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's similar to Bronson Harrison when he first played in the NRL. Capable of covering both positions

Clifferd

Coach
Would've thought Edwards to be the logical replacement for Sironen. Wasn't he touted as one of the hardest hitting backrowers?

Haven't really seen many highlights of him but does he carry any flaws?

WT Unity

Juniors
Would've thought Edwards to be the logical replacement for Sironen. Wasn't he touted as one of the hardest hitting backrowers?

Haven't really seen many highlights of him but does he carry any flaws?

Interesting that Parihi and Edwards (both of whom are off season signings) are only coming off the bench in reserves. Are they coming back from injuries and short of a gallop? Re Edwards....I have seen a few comments about him being an alleged "hard hitter" but I think some people might be confusing him with Joel Thompson (Dragons). I spoke to a friend from Canberra when Edwards was signed and he said he was a "noted" defender....as in makes heaps of tackles as opposed to being a big hitter.....but I guess we'll have to wait and see if he gets a go in the NRL or otherwise an eye-witness report from someone who goes to see the reserves!

macnaz

Staff member
Our #14 worries me,surely we have better in our roster...!

Our 2 wins have come from skill speed and strong mobile forwards gaining momentum through the ruck , like you id like to see us continue in that fashion so why plod the side down with another ineffective forward.
As for Sirro Jnr , the guy is made from an even lower grade of crystal than Galloway was .. if he is this injury prone now what will he be like in a few years time ? Cut our loses on him , im sick of waiting for him to earn his money ! Curtis the f**king cotton wool kid .

Last edited:
I really like Josh Aloiai, rate him highly. I would also prefer Chee Kam on the bench instead of Buchanan, plodder at best.

mayfieldtiger

Juniors
I really like Josh Aloiai, rate him highly. I would also prefer Chee Kam on the bench instead of Buchanan, plodder at best.
Totally agree i have never seen anything special from Buchanan - no mongrel.Jt didnt even use him in round 1.So whats the real point of him unless there is a injury in front row we dont know of.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting that Parihi and Edwards (both of whom are off season signings) are only coming off the bench in reserves. Are they coming back from injuries and short of a gallop? Re Edwards....I have seen a few comments about him being an alleged "hard hitter" but I think some people might be confusing him with Joel Thompson (Dragons). I spoke to a friend from Canberra when Edwards was signed and he said he was a "noted" defender....as in makes heaps of tackles as opposed to being a big hitter.....but I guess we'll have to wait and see if he gets a go in the NRL or otherwise an eye-witness report from someone who goes to see the reserves!

Joel Edwards is one of the best hitters in the game, sadly it's about all he's good for

super_coach

First Grade
I am not against Bukes getting a run. Our big weakness in 2016 is lack of experienced depth in the front row. We have three very good ones in Woods Grant and Ava, but one or two them go down, and it will happen, we are in strife.

Giving Bukes some game time at NRL level will get him up to speed, okay he is no champion but he can get a job done and plug a hole, but he needs game time

Tigerted

Juniors
We will really feel it when we lose woods @ origin.While he is playing alongside grant who in 2 games has exceeded expectations we can deal with most packs.We desperately need a lower grade prop to make the step up to NRL.Aloiai looks good thus far but he is young & albeit we r still a quality prop short of what's required for ur roster to cope over a long & arduous season.

At the moment & assuming he maintains the efforts of the 1st 2 rounds it's being a godsend that we signed grant coz he & woods have been a formidable combo.Anyway it's early days & as a long term scarred tigers fan with a long memory we have had numerous good starts but fizzled during back half of Comp when depth of squad & mental toughness r critical for success.

Let's hope this weekend is the beginning of many records to be broken by this ' potentially' imposing wt team by being the 1st to win the opening 3 matches.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its pretty sad that in 17 seasons we have never won the first 3 games.

Tigerted

Juniors
It certainly sucks that since the inception of WT we haven't won the 1st 3 games.It's a reflection of the overall ineptitude us tigers fans have been subjected to.

I'm starting to get feeling this abysmal record will continue as of tonite.We have a short turnaround & the Titans have performed admirably over the 1st 2 rounds.They do have a strong pack & bench.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Half time and their attack is no where near as good as last week..

No platform being laid by the forwards...

Plenty of drop ball...

They will need to lift ...