What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

chrisD

Coach
TV I have watched this year.

The Knick - best or next best thing on TV
The Americans - best or next best thing on TV.
Wolf Hall - Brilliant and different, nothing I can think of respects the audiences intelligence like this does.
The 100 - Very good, a focused and well written future sci-fi game of thrones disguised as a teen drama.
Fargo - Good.
Hannibal - Excellent.
Justified - Excellent.
The Last Kingdom - Pretty good, the main character is unfortunately the least interesting thing about it, everything else was good, worth a watch.
Homeland - Ehhh, was good when Quinn was assassinating terrorists or their ilk.
GOT - Average.
Daredevil - Good fun
Last Man on Earth - Stopped watching near the start of the 2nd season, bleh
Bastard Executioner - Terrible, stopped watching.
Vikings - Excellent
Narcos - Ok but instantly forgettable.
House of Cards - Good.
Downton Abbey - Ok
True Detective - Ok
Ray Donovan - Very good.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Just finished season 1 of Jessica Jones. Thought it was a great show. Liked it better than other comic book adaptations like Arrow and The Flash.

mackdadday

Juniors
Baskets. Zach Gallifinakus plays twins, one of whom flunks out of clown school in Paris and comes home to make a name for himself as a rodeo clown. 6 episodes in and really enjoying it.

Thinking about giving House of Cards and 11.22.63 a burl next.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Finished the first 6 eps of 8 of 11.22.63. Entertaining show though it does jump through time periods with little to no warning. I think I will grab the book after watching this cause it seems like a good read and from what I understand doesn't jump time periods anywhere near what the show does.

James Franco is good in the lead role. Hopefully he gets involved in more tv series like this.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've struggled with 11.22.63 just hasn't clicked with me. It's not horrible though.

Finished watching the first season of 12 Monkeys. A little messy at times (time travel, what else do you expect?) but it's pretty interesting. Has some nice ideas and some different elements to the usual time travel thing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Finished the man in the high castle. Not bad. Didn't hit great heights but still worth watching. Season 2 will be interesting given the reveals in season 1. Now I need to read the book.

Apey

Staff member
I just finished watching/binging Hannibal last night.

Good show and different from what I usually watch. It's frustrating though that shows like this are cancelled prematurely and that the creators often have to create season finales with this fear in my mind. The (unintentional) series finale was great but the scene after the credits should have been removed if no more episodes are going to be made; it soured the finale a bit for me tbh. I suppose they're still hoping that eventually, at some point, 4th season is going to be made though so they had to leave the door open. I guess the point of my rant is that it's a shame the story being told can be impacted by not knowing whether you're going to be cancelled or not.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Been watching Hemlock Grove with flatmate on Netflix, about 6 episodes in and it's entertaining enough, but is there going to be an episode where someone doesn't spew up?
It's like waiting for Daryl Halligan to say "Johnny On The Spot" or "Question Mark On That Pass" during Warriors games, happens at least once or twice every time.

Haven't got around to it yet, but keen to check out the original UK House Of Cards from the early 90s, anyone else watched this yet, and opinions on how it compares to the US version (which I've seen up to about halfway through season 3)?

mackdadday

Juniors
Just watched the final episode of Person of Interest ever. What an epic show. Second time in my life i cried for a tv series. Will miss this show so much.

roofromoz

First Grade
Started watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Quite like it, has a kinda 30 Rock vibe to it, which is not surprising given it was created by Tina Fey and is produced by her husband Jeff Richmond who also did that show.

Storm13

Juniors
The Stranger Things (Netflix)

Awesome show so far, some really good performances from the entire cast and some nice creepy moments.

Latest posts