What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dairy Farmers

JGH

Juniors
Can someone please explain why has it taken 4 years for the Dragons to return to Townsville ?
How do these draws work ?
Last game I see was early May 2012 ....and yet they always get a game in Melbourne without fail

saintjeff

Juniors
The draw is unbalanced ,we have a tough first 10 ,where others have it a bit easier.
3 games in a row in Qld is ridiculous especially when we play in Townsville then have a 5day turnaround against the broncs Then our next road trip is too N Z
The NRL and tv wants all the big teams to play each other twice then the rest get a easier run
Of course the Broncs have the biggest advantage the league wants them to be succesful so they get a pillow under their behind of a draw .
Surely they can get it right , the nrl say its as fair bur thats bull the clubs agree

TruSaint

Referee
The draw is unbalanced ,we have a tough first 10 ,where others have it a bit easier.
3 games in a row in Qld is ridiculous especially when we play in Townsville then have a 5day turnaround against the broncs Then our next road trip is too N Z
The NRL and tv wants all the big teams to play each other twice then the rest get a easier run
Of course the Broncs have the biggest advantage the league wants them to be succesful so they get a pillow under their behind of a draw .
Surely they can get it right , the nrl say its as fair bur thats bull the clubs agree

Agree with this.

Add to the above the games they give us our home grounds ( i.e Kog / Win ), with out of town opposition, Monday nights i think 5 times, etc etc... Been discussed at nauseam but still irks me no end. Cows / Broncos / GC have real home grounds... we are drifters.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree with this.

Add to the above the games they give us our home grounds ( i.e Kog / Win ), with out of town opposition, Monday nights i think 5 times, etc etc... Been discussed at nauseam but still irks me no end. Cows / Broncos / GC have real home grounds... we are drifters.

yes mate huge advantage particularly The Donkeys .....there not balloted draws in the true sense imo totally lop sided draw to favour some and not others..............its all about the money

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Siege mentality - let's win this comp anyway.

When they moved us to SCG for Saturday match of the round we still won the bloody thing....

giboz71

First Grade
Agree with this.

Agree with this Tru, but don't you think we've brought a lot of this on ourselves?

Firstly we can choose to play most or all our home games out of Kogarah and WIN, but choose not to, due to the financial incentives of playing at the bigger grounds. Clearly this is a reflection of our poor financial position otherwise why do this and make it harder for our team by diluting our home ground advantage?

Secondly, our team has been dogsh#t for going on 5 years since Bennett left. Not only have we not been very successful, but we hardly play an attractive brand of footy either. We're always near the bottom teams when scoring points. Why would any non-dragons fan tune in to watch us?

So we can hardly expect to command the coveted and high rating slots like Friday nights. I remember the Raiders were in the same boat, they didn't play a Friday night game for something like 5 years.

End of the day money talks and lets face it, the NRL is a business. Make more money and play better footy and draw bigger crowds and bigger TV audiences, then things like home grounds and the draw will look after themselves.

grouch

First Grade
Agree with this Tru, but don't you think we've brought a lot of this on ourselves?

Firstly we can choose to play most or all our home games out of Kogarah and WIN, but choose not to, due to the financial incentives of playing at the bigger grounds. Clearly this is a reflection of our poor financial position otherwise why do this and make it harder for our team by diluting our home ground advantage?

Secondly, our team has been dogsh#t for going on 5 years since Bennett left. Not only have we not been very successful, but we hardly play an attractive brand of footy either. We're always near the bottom teams when scoring points. Why would any non-dragons fan tune in to watch us?

So we can hardly expect to command the coveted and high rating slots like Friday nights. I remember the Raiders were in the same boat, they didn't play a Friday night game for something like 5 years.

End of the day money talks and lets face it, the NRL is a business. Make more money and play better footy and draw bigger crowds and bigger TV audiences, then things like home grounds and the draw will look after themselves.
Wrong. It is always someone else's fault.

TruSaint

Referee

Certainly as a club, the rvrg issue has diluted our home ground advantage, by dispersing games elsewhere for financial gain. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. I dont know our financial position, but i hear conflicting stories. Its probably not great.

Now our team has been in the wilderness during the Price era, and whilst 2015 wasnt great we were a bees d...k away from progressing into the 2nd week of the playoffs.

I dont expect us to get the exposure of the top 3-4 clubs, but as an example, i cannot find one instance where a Sydney club has had to play 3 weeks running interstate. Whilst some will say its an advantage, i.e set up camp / bond / etc, it takes you away from your HQ for virtually one month.

Also, there were 8 teams below us last year, of which none have as many Dudday Night ( Monday ) games as us.

The disparity between the haves and have nots its way too great.

The clubs decisions and the teams performance may have played into the hands of the NRL, but they sure have paid an unduly heavy price.

Redvpassion

Juniors
I think our record in North Queensland isn't that good. might be wrong but i do remember the Cowboys having the wood on us even when they where crap.

TruSaint

Referee
I think our record in North Queensland isn't that good. might be wrong but i do remember the Cowboys having the wood on us even when they where crap.

I also think you are right mate.
Cant remember winning up there for some time.

Latest posts