What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
I think Jennings is going fine (even given his price tag). He was added very late. He has manned up in defense. I think he'll have a bigger individual impact later in the season.

Agreed. The most pleasing thing about our signings is the the ones that were the most criticised have been our strongest. Flash and Scott have been great. I'm sure Jennings will fire sooner rather than later.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey Casper i noticed you post in patches. You go quiet and then go on a rampage.
So i am going to ask..... Are you kept in a cage and only let out once every few weeks?

hindy111

Post Whore
Mbye > Norman

Mbye has electric speed and is a lot stronger at breaking tackles. Norman relies on foot work do get thru but lacks power or accellaration. Mbye only needs half a gap and cause his speed and take of along with power is so great he creates drama.
Neither are what id call great ball players. Both are ok. Norman slightly better.

Why pay norman silly amounts thou? His kicking game is average - Runnings game solid but not in the mbye or milford or johnson or even Morgan category. And his passing games very good but not elite.
Norman could become elite. I reckon he will go onto to have a very good career. And i am backing him to but at 25 its time to put it all together now!

Kornstar

Coach
Buggered if I can find any other online reference to the 10% of salary claim. Are you sure Korny?

Because he said it in an interview the day or so after the fine was applied. The interviewers asked if it was enough and he referenced Grey and Walker were fined 10% and it was in line with that.

I'm sure it's on their podcast.

caylo

Bench
Mbye > Norman

Mbye has electric speed and is a lot stronger at breaking tackles. Norman relies on foot work do get thru but lacks power or accellaration. Mbye only needs half a gap and cause his speed and take of along with power is so great he creates drama.
Neither are what id call great ball players. Both are ok. Norman slightly better.

Why pay norman silly amounts thou? His kicking game is average - Runnings game solid but not in the mbye or milford or johnson or even Morgan category. And his passing games very good but not elite.
Norman could become elite. I reckon he will go onto to have a very good career. And i am backing him to but at 25 its time to put it all together now!

I Disagree, while I think from an attacking point of view they are both fairly even i think Norman has more composure and reads the game better, more likely to make the right decision. Currently I'd pick norman over MBye but that may change in a couple of years

eel speel

Juniors
I Disagree, while I think from an attacking point of view they are both fairly even i think Norman has more composure and reads the game better, more likely to make the right decision. Currently I'd pick norman over MBye but that may change in a couple of years

Different skills and different types of players

Because he said it in an interview the day or so after the fine was applied. The interviewers asked if it was enough and he referenced Grey and Walker were fined 10% and it was in line with that.

I'm sure it's on their podcast.

OK. Well sounds more reasonable. 'In line with that' could easily mean that the fine is 15%, rather than 10%......and that makes a huge difference to the implied salary.

Gronk

Staff member
I see what you did there Telecrap ...
FOX SPORTS NRLVerified account ‏@FOXNRL 21h21 hours ago
BLOG with @paulkent_news from 1pm - Will Hopoate's decision must be applauded http://bit.ly/1LVAkjy

James Silver ‏@JamesSilver3 14h14 hours ago
First edition @telegraph_sport back: Eels rejected Hopoate request. "You can't choose to be a social footballer...''
CetLYrwWQAASbWH.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
We have quite a number of footballers who are religious and could very well hold similar beliefs. I understand why they said no to his request. Bulldogs agreed to it. They have Morris to come back and it won't really make a lot of difference for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts