What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was a diamond but ended up a rock

McLovin

Staff member
975304-karl-filiga-sharks-nrl.jpg

The next SBW

Iafeta

Referee
Kevin Locke. The guy was absolute magic. His first year he was really good. Unfortunately he has a lot of field demons, a recent story IIRC suggested he tried suicide a few times. Others that came through that era, Nafe Seluini and Alehana Mara spring to mind - both electric through the 20s, but the step up was too hard for them.

I can't say Glen Fisiiahi, because when he wasn't injured he was pretty good - his try scoring tally in limited opportunities was really good.

Kurt Mann.

I remember he played a game against us at fullback for Melbourne in 2014. We won but he was close to MOTM. He was awesome that day, breaking tackles, scored a try and I think he set up a couple. Now he is a Paul Cariage wannabe.

Iafeta

Referee
Samisone Langi is another one. I thought he would make it. He seemed to play nice and direct and have a good short passing game. He reminded me a bit of Jason Smith, albeit at a lower level. Just never amounted to anything did he.

Johns Magic

Referee
He's probably been one of our best this season, but sure thing buddy.

Must eat you up that you guys should have had Tedesco but instead have this handbrake at fullback.

When was the last time he scored a try?

Is he still last for try-assists of all NRL fullbacks like last year?

Imagine what you guys would be like with a real fullback.

May as well put Jack Reed back there.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Jermaine Ale. Should have gone on t be one of the best centres in the game but seemingly didn't care enough about footy to carry on with it.

:lol: yep. I remember being so keen to see this guy crack firsts after owning reserve grade and then as soon as he got a start he went to sh*t quickly.