What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

bileduct

Coach
I think we all know by now that television ratings do not necessarily equate to the quality of the show. People enjoy watching garbage and it's been proven over and over with millions and millions of people watching nonsense like Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, Friends...

The show had a great opening first season. Everything from there onwards, starting from the moment a massive herd of zombies snuck up on Dale and his binoculars while he was on lookout duty on top of the RV, has been a gigantic sack of shit.

18to87

First Grade
US TV ratings

last ep Walking Dead - ~12mil
last ep Better Call Saul - ~2mil

Pretty sad really considering the flappy man montage on the last episode of Better Call Saul was about 100x better than anything this season on The Walking Dead.

Oh well, looking forward to a couple of weeks time when Orphan Black starts for some well-written television.

Saul just keeps getting better. I can't believe they have pulled it off. Too many people were expecting badassness like BB and have missed out on a unique show.

As for Walking Dead I think they have a chance to mend a lot of fences by sending this season out with a bang.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Twd season dead spoiler alert- it was crap.
If the show hasn't already jumped the shark then it has now.

18to87

First Grade
I thought it was awesome and ridiculously tense until it finished on a cliffhanger. Didn't seem like it was a 92 minute episode so I thought for sure they would show the death. Was pretty PO'd when the credits came up.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Also doesn't work when no one cares who dies

You're kidding if you think people don't care about which character lives or dies. Some of them, sure, meh, but I think everyone knows Began isn't going to go with a cop out kill.

Would have been so much better if they just let him kill someone, show it, and end the season with Negan walking away with his saviours and Rick looking stunned/pissed. That would have me so much more pumped to see how they retaliate. Instead we have to wait 6 months for them to finish a scene so we can get the f**k on with it.

This cliffhanger bullshit is pure nonsense.

18to87

First Grade
You're kidding if you think people don't care about which character lives or dies. Some of them, sure, meh, but I think everyone knows Began isn't going to go with a cop out kill.

Would have been so much better if they just let him kill someone, show it, and end the season with Negan walking away with his saviours and Rick looking stunned/pissed. That would have me so much more pumped to see how they retaliate. Instead we have to wait 6 months for them to finish a scene so we can get the f**k on with it.

This cliffhanger bullshit is pure nonsense.

Spot on. Everyone has already been talking about who is going to die for the last 6 weeks. Did we really need to wait another 6 months?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Gotta consider that they've already had 2 shitty cliffhanger resolutions this season, glenn under a dumpster and daryl from last week. We had tge cliffhanger with the gunshot and the blood and instead of adressing that incident, he just suddenly appears as a hostage again with no questions answered.

urban eel

Juniors
Question to the Comic readers, if I wanted to continue the story from this season. Roughly what issue would I start reading from?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Question to the Comic readers, if I wanted to continue the story from this season. Roughly what issue would I start reading from?

Read issue 100. This episode pretty much cut off during that issue.

Just be aware that some comic characters are alive who are dead on the TV show, others died in the comics earlier but are still alive on TV and some TV characters don't appear in the comics at all so it might feel a bit off at times.

urban eel

Juniors
Read issue 100. This episode pretty much cut off during that issue.

Just be aware that some comic characters are alive who are dead on the TV show, others died in the comics earlier but are still alive on TV and some TV characters don't appear in the comics at all so it might feel a bit off at times.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
So....just read an interview with the director and showrunner defending the ending of season 6. Both tried to hide behind the "it was a decision for the integrity of the story we're trying to tell" line.

The worst anaolgy ever in television came when the director compared the season finale to how he felt when Darth vader revealed that he was Luke's father, completely ignoring the fact that they didn't cut right before Vader said it and made people wait 2 years for him to say it.

Showrunner pretty much dismissed all criticism as coming from a place of negativity and everyone was just being cynical and we should all wait and see how they open season 7 to understand why they did what they did.

sandshark

Bench
been a fan of the show and been reading the comics on and off for the past 3-4 years. Deadset horrible way to finish a season. 6 months?!
the backlash has been huge and hopefully the show producers do not make the same mistake again.

This season has been really bad. Really need a step up next season.

Latest posts