What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propose team changes V Titans

hewi

Bench
I think the forwards he will mostly leave alone. PM should go, Lafai time is nearly up. Then the halves, would he drop the Captain? I doubt it. The kicking game is awful, I think Benji kicks better than Widdip atm. Does Mann get a go in the halves if not injured? In the forwards , Cooper not performing , Havili needs to be on the bench and I think Marketo has to drop off for Lui. Titans is a must win game, no excuses. On their current form the roosters will do us on Anzac Day .

Old Timer

Coach
I believe it's our halves that are letting us down,is there any chance we can sign Todd carney for next year??

No doubt the halves are a big problem but when was the last time we had a forward make a barnstorming break and offload?

Carney would be a negative influence due to host of off field incidents.

Rookiedragon1

Juniors
No doubt the halves are a big problem but when was the last time we had a forward make a barnstorming break and offload?

Carney would be a negative influence due to host of off field incidents.

When's the last time the halves laid a platform for anyone to have a barnstorming run?

clifford

Juniors
And then think about it, if they made a barnstorming run and were ready for an offload, would there be anyone backing up in support anyways?? Another big problem.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Defence, defence, defence......that's about all their mindset is.

Even with the ball we are lined up like a defensive unit waiting for the opposition to attack, no wonder we have no support play!!!! This obviously what the coaching staff has had them doing during the pre-season drills.

Change the mindset, which will be difficult nearly 7 rounds into the season, and attack may follow.

Old Timer

Coach
When's the last time the halves laid a platform for anyone to have a barnstorming run?

Not up to the halves to lay that platform they feed the edge runners.

Burgess Thaiday JWH etc etc run hard and over the top of people regardless of who gives them the pass.

Old Timer

Coach
And then think about it, if they made a barnstorming run and were ready for an offload, would there be anyone backing up in support anyways?? Another big problem.

Very true yet a few years ago Blacklock, B Mos made a try scoring habit out of backing up.

We are such a slow team, with no individual with real pace so if someone gets 5 yards ahead of the team he will die with the ball.

Last time we saw anything remotely like this was when we experimented with Quinlan who scorched a few tries from Merrin offloads.

watatank

Coach
Defence, defence, defence......that's about all their mindset is.

Even with the ball we are lined up like a defensive unit waiting for the opposition to attack, no wonder we have no support play!!!! This obviously what the coaching staff has had them doing during the pre-season drills.

Change the mindset, which will be difficult nearly 7 rounds into the season, and attack may follow.

Defensive units don't wait for the opposition to attack, they move up to meet them. I think we go okay at doing that. We just need to apply that mindset to our attack.

giboz71

First Grade
Gaz was absolutely scathing of Widdop on Fox.

Kept going on about not knowing which option to take given the situation. The Aitken break in particular, all it needed was a half to take the correct option and we score. Widdop crabbed as usual and threw it wide when the defence was broken and retreating. He should have sucked in some defenders first before throwing the pass to take advantage of numbers. As usual, he crabbed, engaged no one, and the defence was able to slide and scramble and the opportunity was lost.

These are the little things that good halves do well. When you have no vision, what's the point of gameplans when more often than not, the wrong option is taken?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Gaz was absolutely scathing of Widdop on Fox.

Kept going on about not knowing which option to take given the situation. The Aitken break in particular, all it needed was a half to take the correct option and we score. Widdop crabbed as usual and threw it wide when the defence was broken and retreating. He should have sucked in some defenders first before throwing the pass to take advantage of numbers. As usual, he crabbed, engaged no one, and the defence was able to slide and scramble and the opportunity was lost.

These are the little things that good halves do well. When you have no vision, what's the point of gameplans when more often than not, the wrong option is taken?

What you've just described there, honestly, is just common sense, drawing defenders to create room for your outside men. I bet on a playground at school, a bunch of kids playing footy at lunch, you'd see at least one of them being able to draw and pass. Goodness, it's a pretty basic skill if you ask me.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Don't know about you guys but I'm really can't wait for team list Tuesday!!!

That will give all of us a good look into Mary's mentality. Keeping the same or making a few changes? that will be the burning question IMO.

mobels

Juniors
Bring in Tom Carr for Peter Matautia, he wont have much trouble against Anthony Don so its time to take the risk on him.

Latest posts