What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Rnd 7 vs Moanly

yy_cheng

Coach
Gutho makes decent meters thou. And I was a critic.

I think Gordon is killing attacking raids with bad ball playing skills. He just has a $hit pass when we inject the fullback into those run around plays and throwing a cut out pass to the winger. He does not execute well. Robo was crap but great at this play.

I think Gutherson will end up our Long term fullback and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there later in year.

He does but he won't burn anyone like Semi does.

I agree, he will probably be our fullback next year. Seems safe as houses now.

1st game, not so much but he's put in alot in training. Taka helps him alot too.

I like Taka. He defense has improved and great at rucking out and taking attacking bombs

Parra Pride

Coach
Can't have superstars in every position on the field, the cost of having two out and out superstars on one side of the field is having Takairangi and Gutherson on the other... Which isn't bad either.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
Can't have superstars in every position on the field, the cost of having two out and out superstars on one side of the field is having Takairangi and Gutherson on the other.

I don't think we have many superstars at all.

Jenko and Semi

Norman and Foran

And Scott (who I believe we got for unders) and Watmough

The rest are workman like

Like I've said before, this year our 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 wouldn't be on that much

Chipmunk

Coach
Gordon was fine, no errors. Safe and he did get a injury in the second half.

Was always taking a rucking hit up.

Also he pretty much made the second most metres for us behind Semi.

He just isn't going to be the brillant type.

Gordon is exactly the kind of fullback this teams needs, someone who will do the hard yards. I'm guessing his talk behind the line is great.

yy_cheng

Coach
Gordon is exactly the kind of fullback this teams needs, someone who will do the hard yards. I'm guessing his talk behind the line is great.

I agree. Safe as houses, kicks goals and makes the hard yards when alot of the players are buggered

Chipmunk

Coach
Gutho was great they put him under pressure but he was safe all night.

Gutherson is going to keep getting targeted, but I think he feels he expects it now. He only has to be solid in what he does, bring the ball back hard and make no mistakes for him to be great for us. He looks alot more capable in making the right decision in defence than anything we've had on the right wing for probably the last 10 years, and that includes Guru Jnr,

Chipmunk

Coach
Gutho makes decent meters thou. And I was a critic.

I think Gordon is killing attacking raids with bad ball playing skills. He just has a $hit pass when we inject the fullback into those run around plays and throwing a cut out pass to the winger. He does not execute well. Robo was crap but great at this play.

I think Gutherson will end up our Long term fullback and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there later in year.

We're getting more out of Gordon from our end of the field than we've got from a fullback in a long time and I think people are forgetting his efforts in this part of the field. He's doing all the little one percentage plays, the little things that the average spectator would never notice, but they're actually the things that put you in the contest week in week out.

I'd be shocked if we don't extend him for another year.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
The other thing that's really good is that we can leave Foran and Scott off and we still don't fall apart.

Only 1 try again this week against us.

Do y'all reckon Teps will be out?

KE or Gower in or do y'all reckon Tanginoa will get his shot

Mannah back in for Polar Bear

Chipmunk

Coach
And not so much butter fingers this year.

Mau was quiet but so was Matai, Lyon, Stewart

I think both teams were really hindered by the 5 day turnaround in alot of respects and I really think that's what kept the scores low for so long. We looked pretty flat for the first 30 minutes of the game and the first 25 minutes of the second half. If we played a team who had a 7 day break I'd say we probably we have got towelled up in the end.

Chipmunk

Coach
Alvaro needs to say in the 17, i really think he has surpassed Wicks.

I don't think there's too much between all our middle players, except for Junior who most days is ahead of the rest. Outside of that we could put anyone of half a dozen players in and they will still do a job for us.