What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curns13

Juniors
maybe he got a hatred for souths when he was at easts

When we were reinstated, Gould was a huge help in us putting together a team. Anyone who was any good already had a club and Gould help Piggins put together a roster for the season. I don't like the guy but I don't think he can be accused of hating us, at least not always.

southsport

First Grade
That sly smart arse Gould.

Why didn't he want to release him back to Souths????

What does/did Gould have against us????

Trent Barrett was assistant coach at the panthers and was going to manly, he probably did the deal with Gould.

Api is still close to Souths, he could come back.

Rsag85

Bench
That sly smart arse Gould.

Why didn't he want to release him back to Souths????

What does/did Gould have against us????

I don't know but Tim Grant also asked for a early release and didn't get one as well. He wanted to join the club mid 2014

Ttime

Juniors
Any word on whether Kyle Turner will play tonight? I'm hearing he may not pass a concussion test.

souths_pride

Juniors
That's a complete load of rubbish.

Recruitment at Souths has always been a group effort with Madge having the over-riding and final say and that will be the case for as long as Madge is there. It's in his contract.

The only time he can be over ruled is when it comes to disciplinary issues and then the board will come into play. That is what happened with Dylan Walker.
Yeah I'd be very surprised if any NRL coach, maybe with the exception of the Panthers, would not have final say when it comes to signing players. The reason being is that the coach is held accountable for a team's performance and it is a bit hard to blame a coach for failure when you don't give him the tools that he needs and wants.
Chris McQueen's stats don't look any different to his last few seasons at Souths

79 metres av per game this season
25.6 av tackles with 2.6 av missed tackles this season

This from the NRL.com stats which inflate metres made based on the older stats. On the older stats 79m would be 60 odd metres a game

These stats are average at best and no different to what McQueen was doing at Souths
I've watched McQueen a few times this season and he is no different a player to last season. In all honesty, McQueen's form tailed off around mid-2014 and he has not been the same player since. I'm not sure what went wrong but the 2012-2013 McQueen was a world-class backrower with one of the most unique skill sets in the competition - a pacey forward who could get on the outside of defenders and who was also a target in the air for Adam Reynolds. He has not shown either of these traits in the last couple of years and was rightly let go.

souths_pride

Juniors
Just on the Lachlan Coote situation, I would be very surprised if he joins us. Word is that Thurston is convincing him to say. I think it is getting to the stage now where we might start having to pay overs for quality players because the perception around other clubs is that we are a team in decline or were never as good as everyone initially thought. I think we are going to have to do exceptionally well this season to prove to outside players that we are still a force to be reckoned with and that were are an attractive club to join.

Itsmeagain

Juniors
Word is high performance manager Troy Thomson set to tender resignation to join meninga at kangaroos in a permanent position on coaching staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts