What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is a utter knob of a commentator

ram raid

Bench
NRL super saturday is a dream come true. On the couch in front of the tele ... with a sock on my c**k and my hand on that sock.

mongoose

Coach
Didn't get to tune in until just before halftime but yeah Rabs and Gus were completely unbearable tonight. Most of the time they seem pretty disinterested, and it can the game a bit dull.

I don't have an issue with Fittler and Johns though - the rest are meh. Might of just been me but Finch looked like he was on something at half time.

Fitler has really grown on me. He still speaks poorly but he is pretty much spot on with everything he says. I think the guy is actually far more intelligent than he comes across as.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ive watched a few Fox games at the pub this year, but last night was the first time i sat through the halftime show. I realised that 9s problems arent any one person, it is the entire f*cking culture!!!!!

Fox are so determined to come across as professional that meatheads like Gaz and Braithe actually strive to present themselves as knowledgable and well-spoken people.

In contrast, 9 has such a toxic Boiz Clubbb culture that the commentators seem to compete over who gets to say the dumbest thing.

I used to think that getting rid of one or two of the worst would raise the standard, but now i know any new blood would just be dragged down to the current standard. And i just dont see this changing without 9 losing the rights at least for a short time....

Only 6 years left

Packy

Bench
Gus has been unbearable the last few weeks. Most of this year really. Maybe his poor health is taking its toll on his performance and interest.

Whino

Bench
Fitler has really grown on me. He still speaks poorly but he is pretty much spot on with everything he says. I think the guy is actually far more intelligent than he comes across as.

Whoops
Brad Fittler

He was described by a police source as "the drunkest human being ever". After spending the night on a boat carrying women on a hen's night, "Blind" Freddie found himself - or someone found him - lying on the nature strip outside Glebe police station. Police said he was unable to communicate and they allowed him to remain on the premises for three hours until he was sober enough to supply his home address and be taxied home
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Drunken-debacles/2005/05/27/1117129898579.html

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nine seems to think epic bantz is the best type of commentary. So Gould needles rabs because nine thinks thats ratings gold.

Its like the disaster that is nines cricket commentary. Most of those guys are only bad because nine want them to act like utter clowns. Even slater was tolerable when he started on sky in the uk.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So are Nines ratings down and Fox up?

I hated watching Nine, only ever did if the sharks played on slot they owned, not an issue anymore, it is bliss.

franklin2323

Immortal
So are Nines ratings down and Fox up?

I hated watching Nine, only ever did if the sharks played on slot they owned, not an issue anymore, it is bliss.

Thurs and Fri nights 9 still pull in 800k. Which is good means casuals are tuning in to the footy. Sunday is less than half that makes sense less casuals at home. I think pretty much anyone with Fox is watching Fox

Perth Red

Post Whore
Every game on Fox, absolute bliss!

Only in RL would you get a GM of a club lead commentating on games. Amateur hour at its best is our game.

big hit!

Bench
Every game on Fox, absolute bliss!

Only in RL would you get a GM of a club lead commentating on games. Amateur hour at its best is our game.

exactly. RL is punching too low on the conflict of interest ladder. RL media needs to have a look at club presidents, like McGuire and Brayshaw in the AFL.