What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are things starting to look up?

So with the loss of Roberts I think most Titans fans including me were disheartened, but it seems that some luck is finally going our way.

-Ash Taylor is already proving to be a good young signing for the club

-Elgey resigning till the end of 2018

-Tyrone Roberts I thought was a rubbish signing a the time but man, he's proving me wrong big time. Yeah he's not the best halfback in the world but he's been far from our worst, we definitely missed him tonight against the Broncs

-Brian Canavan signing with the club. Only really heard good things about him, and he'll no doubt help to improve the culture surrounding the club - something we've lacked for a long while now

-Missing out on DCE - a blessing in disguise?! Gutted at the time it was announced he wasn't coming, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire for Manly since then.

Maybe others can think of more but that's a good start I think. Let's put all the crap behind us and focus on the positives, because finally, there are some!!

The Partisan

I think things are certainly falling into place for the club to move forward both off and on the field.

Of the ones mentioned I think the appointment of Canavan will be the one that proves to be the most beneficial. Strong minded and has a trail of success behind him.

Think memberships are on the rise too.

May not be a breakout year in 2016 ( though i've backed them to make the 8 :D) but the signs are looking good for the future.

:pray:

It was so refreshing to finally hear the fans rally behind the boys last night, when usually you could hear a pin drop out there at our home games. I wish we'd get that many supporters to home games more often...

Card Shark

Immortal
Well done Titans, you are definitely improving & playing a good brand of footy.

Good luck for the rest of the year, except next week. ;-)

no name

Coach
A lot of positives to take from the first 5 weeks.
I don't think many people would have had the Titans at 3-2.
Still a lot to work on, but promising signs, especially in the effort shown each week.
I think Friday showed that Taylor is a potential superstar, but he can't be lumped with Greg Bird again, definitely needs another playmaker on the field.
If the effort the boys have been putting in continues, the crowds will come, and hopefully a top 8 berth.

Small improvements and we are plays better brand of attacking footy. Defense is still a concern, but some good signs. I would be happy on the form at present to finish 10th or above, below that would be a failure.

Our back of house looks solid now with Canavan now there so just need the footy to get better.

TITAN MAN

Juniors
So with the loss of Roberts I think most Titans fans including me were disheartened, but it seems that some luck is finally going our way.

-Ash Taylor is already proving to be a good young signing for the club

-Elgey resigning till the end of 2018

-Tyrone Roberts I thought was a rubbish signing a the time but man, he's proving me wrong big time. Yeah he's not the best halfback in the world but he's been far from our worst, we definitely missed him tonight against the Broncs

-Brian Canavan signing with the club. Only really heard good things about him, and he'll no doubt help to improve the culture surrounding the club - something we've lacked for a long while now

-Missing out on DCE - a blessing in disguise?! Gutted at the time it was announced he wasn't coming, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire for Manly since then.

Maybe others can think of more but that's a good start I think. Let's put all the crap behind us and focus on the positives, because finally, there are some!!

The only thing i agree with here is the internal signings, Annersley last year and Brian Canavan recently, these two are the best in the NRL at their roles bar one other club, this is where the on field stuff will improve from the front office, but it won't get any better on field until they get the cattle and coach. If your being serious The coach is so overrated its not funny, he's had so many clubs with better cattle than this club and never ever finished better than week 1 of the finals and that was once!! He's just not up to it and doesn't have the mongrel in him to get the best out of the players, and we are down on personnel, our roster is poor and until they recruit properly we won't be making no finals, but they have the right front office to get that recruitment done in a few years time.

Palms

Juniors
I'm hearing wraps on Jed Cartwright and Greg Lelesiuao. Are they any chance to see first grade or more a year or two proposition?

Packy

Bench
I think the culture is starting to come right. Finding young hungry players opposed to aging stars is working. Hopefully you guys get a solid & consistently competitive team out of it.

Solid win by the boys last night, we fell asleep in that second half but managed to tough it out till the very end. I'm really excited about where this team is headed, our recent signings have been immense and finally we look like a genuine threat to most teams sitting outside the top 4. Henry & co have done a great job with this team which never really looked like amounting to much on paper to begin the season.

Now if someone can convince him that Zillman is NOT the answer going forward...

T-Boon

Coach
Solid win by the boys last night, we fell asleep in that second half but managed to tough it out till the very end. I'm really excited about where this team is headed, our recent signings have been immense and finally we look like a genuine threat to most teams sitting outside the top 4. Henry & co have done a great job with this team which never really looked like amounting to much on paper to begin the season.

Now if someone can convince him that Zillman is NOT the answer going forward...

what needs to be done to draw bigger crowds up there? Now would be the time to draw them in with the Suns struggling once again - they will come good eventually you would think.
I'd make a play for K Hunt. I cannot stand the guy, but at the right price he might play well in the centres or at the back and would certainly get newspaper attention.

To get the bigger crowds we have to win footy games and really show the people of SE Qld that the Titans are a new Business to clean its self of the past. Titans have put a lot of energy into reconnecting with the community as a whole and it's slowly showing. Recruiting Hurrell will also help as he has a huge following so we could capitalise on that with the local Kiwi expats.

no name

Coach
what needs to be done to draw bigger crowds up there? Now would be the time to draw them in with the Suns struggling once again - they will come good eventually you would think.
I'd make a play for K Hunt. I cannot stand the guy, but at the right price he might play well in the centres or at the back and would certainly get newspaper attention.

Winning games will help.
But the stadium deal is an absolute bitch. Prices on everything is disgraceful.

T-Boon

Coach
Winning games will help.
But the stadium deal is an absolute bitch. Prices on everything is disgraceful.

they've got to renegotiate that deal, threaten to take games to Burleigh Bears home ground or some other more suitable place.

Latest posts