What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Game: Round 8 vs Cowpats

emjaycee

Coach
What are your 3 key moments of the game?

Mine are:
1. The no try to Foz in the first half
2. Peni's hands return to 2015 standard
3. Norman sinbinning

strider

Post Whore
Gotta love a post game thread

1. Foz no try... the contact of the de oy was minimal and probably even helped the defender by nudging him in the right direction

2. Sin binning ... correct ruling ... what actually pissed me off most was the ref went to the bunker with a ruling of TRY ... no f**king way he got near grounding it - to me it shows the mindframe the ref was in - everything in favour of the home team

3. Jenkovic running like a snail ... he was desperately wantjng to give it to semi lol

Gotta love a post game thread

1. Foz no try... the contact of the de oy was minimal and probably even helped the defender by nudging him in the right direction

2. Sin binning ... correct ruling ... what actually pissed me off most was the ref went to the bunker with a ruling of TRY ... no f**king way he got near grounding it - to me it shows the mindframe the ref was in - everything in favour of the home team

3. Jenkovic running like a snail ... he was desperately wantjng to give it to semi lol

No problem with 1. I think it's best to stick with black and white in this, and we were on the wrong side.

2. Yep, sending that up as try was ridiculous, and likely indicates as you suggest.

3. Jenkovic is lightning over 20m, much less so over 90. Or maybe he was just thinking it'd be better to score where Gordon was getting his eye in.

Noise

Coach
What are your 3 key moments of the game?

Mine are:
1. The no try to Foz in the first half
2. Peni's hands return to 2015 standard
3. Norman sinbinning

Who makes way for Mannah? Penis was shit. I cant beieve how bad his hands are. But Alvaro had 3 missed tackles in the first 20 minutes

Parraren

Bench
Mannah in for Peni.

Key moments were every set after we got to the front 16-14 we either gave them a soft penalty or dropped it cold. Not good enough but I think it's one of those games we'll learn from.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1. Foran's no try. I know there is a rule where you cant make contact the defender, but surely there's gotta be some common sense. If anything Morgan bumped into Manu.

2. Norman's sin binning. Unfortunately it was the right call, and the Cowboys scored 2 tries during this play, virtually killed the momentum.

3. Semi's first try, getting Parra back in the game, score 2 tries after that and gathered momentum.

Far Canal

Juniors
Who makes way for Mannah? Penis was shit. I cant beieve how bad his hands are. But Alvaro had 3 missed tackles in the first 20 minutes

Agree with Alvaro - he had a poor first 20 mins.... He let in the first try and missed some tackles

My other gripe is with Gutherson - apart from the shite haircut, others nothing and drops the odd ball - one which lead to a try.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
The turning point was the dropped ball from Taka. To this point we had the momentum, the mistake led to the Norman sin binning and the game was gone after that.

Our attack still seems a fair way off, the minute we start throwing it around a bit we start dropping the ball.

Opposition teams are starting to workout how to get the better of our defensive line. Our defence pushes up hard and is vulnerable back on the inside or coming back against the grain. We got caught out on the inside a number of times particularly in the first half.

Whinge about the refs all you want but we got ourselves back in the game and then poor discipline and ball control cost us.

Sorry that's 4

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
Agree with Alvaro - he had a poor first 20 mins.... He let in the first try and missed some tackles

My other gripe is with Gutherson - apart from the shite haircut, others nothing and drops the odd ball - one which lead to a try.

Gutho is safe under the high ball and tough, but that's all I see that are on the positives

Eelogical

Referee
Gutho is safe under the high ball and tough, but that's all I see that are on the positives

Assuming your thoughts of him retaining his place in the team are now up for discussion, who do you think would be a better option?

yy_cheng

Coach
Assuming your thoughts of him retaining his place in the team are now up for discussion, who do you think would be a better option?

I didn't say that. But looking forward, I hope he's not our replacement fullback for Gordon.

But gee I would like to sign Coote .

yy_cheng

Coach
Did I hear right that the cowboys have offered him 700k but he's after 800k or more? He was very good though.

He was probably the difference.

If he had knocked on some of those takes, it might've been a different story.

Our attack near the line still needs alot of work. Cowpats got over our line easily when they are in our strike zone

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Peni dropped one ball after a try like Paulo did. Peni made more metres / tackles than Paulo.

yy_cheng

Coach
No worries. I think he is worth persisting with.

Like you said, there is no one better especially being safe under the high ball.

He is not good a rucking out and lacks speed. However, he tends to hog the ball and go himself with not much advantage.

There are times where he picks up a loose ball and there are other players around him who could make a better go at it. But gutho will jink around on the spot and gets tackled.

At least luke burt knew his weaknesses and would pass to someone who could progress the ball better.

If Gordon goes down or does not stay next year, I really wouldn't like to see Gutho at fullback.

We should go for Coote and pick up a safe 5/8th or say to Norman, that's all we have.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutherson made 174 metres. Semi 210 and Jennings 178 yet both run the field for try. Apart from those two Gutherson made 3rd most metres for us today.

yy_cheng

Coach
Peni dropped one ball after a try like Paulo did. Peni made more metres / tackles than Paulo.

I thought Peni was better than both Jnr and Alvaro today. Probably Wicks was the best prop.

Jnr has really dropped intensity. Those rumours that he might be at canberra this year might come true if

a) Watmough cant retire as his salary remains in the cap
b) Our TPA are breaking the rules and needs to be in the cap
c) we need to offload someone to fit the TPA in otherwise we lose points

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Like you said, there is no one better especially being safe under the high ball.

He is not good a rucking out and lacks speed. However, he tends to hog the ball and go himself with not much advantage.

There are times where he picks up a loose ball and there are other players around him who could make a better go at it. But gutho will jink around on the spot and gets tackled.

At least luke burt knew his weaknesses and would pass to someone who could progress the ball better.

If Gordon goes down or does not stay next year, I really wouldn't like to see Gutho at fullback.

We should go for Coote and pick up a safe 5/8th or say to Norman, that's all we have.

Gutherson is getting better each game, he makes plenty of metres - see post above. The kid has play only 10 or so games.

Gutherson is being targeted at the moment by the opposition but has been pretty safe consider he is a rookie.

Latest posts